Friday, April 6, 2012

Monument 10k





Yay for the Monument Avenue 10k! This was Erik's 3rd year running it and sadly after many failed attempts the first year I got to actually seem him cross the finish line! I was so happy! It was so exciting and so fun to be apart of. 
It was extra special this year because Erik's parents and sister Jennifer came down to run it too. Erik ran it with Jennifer and Erik's parents did it together. I loved standing at the finish line cheering on everyone. I have to admit I even got a little teary eyed watching it all. It was amazing seeing the variety of people coming out to run this race for a good cause. It felt really unifying! It was inspiring to see children, grandma's, and some people on the large side running this race. I wanted to hug them all and say "your amazing!" I was seriously embarrassed at how much I had to fight back tears. It really made me want to do this someday. I would love to be apart of that. 
And then I see others barfing and looking like the want to die and I re think my idea. ;) 

2 comments:

Hksedwick said...

2 things:
1-I love that lady that is looks at you like...WHY are you taking a pic of me/screaming

2-I totally cried (like big fat tears) when I watched the end of the richmond marathon and saw all these people who were completing it and doing something so HUGE!

Lisa Fox said...

Thank you for taking some pics. I am so proud of all of them for doing the race. NEXT year I hope to do it with you guys too..AND Nichole you WILL do it with me. How's that for some motivation!!! I do agree it is really neat to see people cross the finish line..especially for a good cause!