Wednesday, March 28, 2012

24th Birthday

 As I said earlier this was probably my best Birthday to date. My family teases me that I always make my BirthDAY last all WEEK long. This year was no exception, and I even had some excuse because my birthday was on a Sunday. So really it all started Friday afternoon when I got this beautiful bouquet delivered to our house. 
So pretty! Then that night Erik took me to see Hunger Games- my one request for my birthday. It was awesome. We both loved it! 
Saturday Erik granted me a free "all to myself day". (i later learned it was so he could practice a certain dance!) So I started off my morning at a few yard sales (my favorite), then attended a friends baby shower, then headed off to both malls in the afternoon with friends. I was literally gone ALL DAY! I haven't shopped in the mall in over a year. It was so nice. I didn't even buy that much but it was so nice to just walk around and look while chatting with friends. Then to top it off I came home and took a late nap! I felt so rejuvenated from my day. I was so grateful to Erik. 
Then that night I was expecting a nice dinner date with my husband and boy was I in for a surprise. Once I get the pictures from that night I will do a separate post with all the nights details. If you've seen the video you know It was epic! ;) 

Oh wait...it's not even my birthday yet!? ha! Here is our Sunday, my actual birthday. 

Erik made me a gourmet meal complete with this bad bird, as well as homemade garlic mashed potatoes, and homemade french bread. It was so delicious! 

Present time! I got a beach chair! I have wanted one of these forever! So excited! 

And Lu got me some baking utensils. Wahoo!! 

Cake time! More bragging on my awesome husband. This is a HOMEMADE chocolate cake with a marshmallow center. I am not sure what the drizzle is on top, but see those strawberry roses he carved? So beautiful and so creative!

Happy 24th Birthday to me. I told Erik he really out-did himself and he might have set the bar crazy high for future birthday's. 

3 comments:

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Well done Erik! Wow the strawberry rose is really impressive1

Heidi said...

That picture of you with Lucy. She looks totally like Isaac! Can you see it?

BTW Great job Erik - your so sweet to your girls!

Jessie said...

Happy late birthday nichole! I'm sad I missed out on the crazy flash mob celebration... so fitting for you!