December 24th, 2011
Our Christmas Eve celebrations began in the morning with the Jewkes Family Party. I haven't been able to attend this party for a few years so it was really great to go and get to see a lot of my cousins. We had a yummy lunch, a fun white elephant game and a small nativity.
A glimpse of the nativity scene. My cousin Molly's little baby boy is that adorable sheep up front. He kept crawling back and forth in front, he was so cute!
I came across this picture Erik took. I think it's so hilarious! Ghetto Angel with an attitude! ;)
And my child who refused to wear the adorable horse costume. So disappointing.
In the evening we headed to Aunt Heidi's house for the Knudsen Christmas Eve Party.
We had a delicious dinner.
The Kid Table
The Adults (minus my mom)
The fun table
She devoured the Jello! She hasn't really ever had Jello. Needless to say, she loved it! I wasn't thrilled with the Jello stained on her face for days. (literally)
Attempt #2 to get my child in the nativity.
Pleeeaaase, be a cute fuzzy sheep?
Nope! Instead she just tried to steal the spotlight and get in front of my camera during the program. What a stinker!
Goofing off with Poppa!
Instead Isaac took on the role of the cute sheep!
We had a little talent show. Noah, Myn-huk, Brigham and I performed "The Little Drummer Boy". It was really nice to sing again. My brothers are so talented! And we are happy Myn-huk let us drag him into it last minute! He is also extremely talented. He learned the song in like 1 hour, and just made it up with the chords we gave him. So cool.
Our little drummer boy.
My grandma also shared a little story with us about how celebrating Christmas is really celebrating the atonement as well. She gave us each a nail to hang on the Christmas tree to remember that Jesus was born so that he could die for all of us. It was a great reminder.
I cherish these Christmas Eve's with my family.















1 comment:
The "fun table" your the best! I would want to sit at your table. Lucy is so funny with the jello face.
Post a Comment