Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sometimes it's Worth it


As your child grows up you start to realize the kind of Mom you actually are. I would love to say that I just walked in and saw Lucy getting into my make up bag, but let's be honest. I was standing right be her the whole time, fully aware she had grabbed my makeup bag and was going through it. 
But you know what? I really needed to finish doing my hair, so I just let it happen. I knew there would be a mess but I didn't care. I was hoping she wouldn't ruin anything (bye bye lipstick) , but it was a risk I was willing to take in exchange for some peace while I did my hair. 
So my lipstick is ruined...big deal. I will still find a way to use it. But that morning Lucy was happy...and cute even with lipstick smeared all over her face, and my hair looked fabulous! ;)  
Sometimes it's just worth it. 

4 comments:

J said...

haha, I let Liam get into messes all the time! As long as it's not something that could hurt him, lol. I think sometimes it just takes less energy to clean up a mess than it does to stop a toddler from doing something fun and risk a meltdown. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way! :)

Matt and Ness said...

I know just how you feel. I never thought I'd be that kind of mother, but I do it all the time! Just today I let him pull out all the games and dump them everywhere just so I could finish making dinner in peace.

Hksedwick said...

I am glad you grabbed your camera for this moment!

Lisa Fox said...

I think it's important to stop and think..is this really worth the tantrum and just let kids be kids. Good job documenting it. I love taking pics of all the crazy stuff our kiddos do. They love seeing it later on too!