Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Meet our babysitter

Alright, I know you all are very sick of me talking about the song "tonight" that Lucy is in love with. (See post here. )  Believe me...try listening to it more often then reading my posts about it. ahh! But I forgot I had these pictures on my camera too and I just had to share what my life has come to. 
Remember how she requests it over and over? Well forgive me but I will go insane if I hear that song one more time...so now when she requests it I stick the computer in the corner of the room behind the chair and turn it down and I go on watching t.v. and doing my thing while she enjoys her song. It's a win win. (until my child goes permanently cross eyed from staring at the monitor) 

She has even learned what button to push to hear it again. Really it's quite wonderful. (don't worry I have a 4 times in a row limit.) 

Oh and you better believe she still gets her groove on down on the floor! 

Everybody now! "Tonight! Tonight! Party on the Rooftop, Top of the World..." 

As a distraction I am trying to get her into Elmo. An effort I have been making for months now-she has yet to be a t.v./movie watcher. But, I think Elmo might actually be starting to catch on. Only problem is that during an Elmo episode it will cut to a segment about dogs and show kids and their dogs and then Lucy freaks out and brings me the remote chanting "Elmo, Elmo!" until Elmo appears on the screen again. I think she thinks I change the channel at that part. I am trying to convince her it is still Elmo. ahhh...how these toddlers rule our lives. I better get a handle on this before she is demanding something much more extreme! 

P.s...I promise we do play other things during the day besides just watch media. 

1 comment:

J said...

oh gosh, Liam's new obsession is Thomas the Tank Engine. I think we've watched that show like 50 times in the last month. He even wakes up in the middle of the night and demands to watch Thomas! We finally had to move the computer to a room further away because he'd get up, open the computer and put the cd in to watch it. Now when he discovers the computer isn't there he comes to me and says "puter gone" in this sad, pitty me voice.

So don't worry, it just gets worse :)