Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bubbles!

Being the cool mom that I am I thought I would let Lucy have a special treat one night when Dad was going to be home super late. (I needed to kill some time) So I thought "bubble bath! she will love it!" She has never really had one. She seemed excited as the tub was filling up and the bubbles were growing, but this "fun time killer" soon took a turn for the worst. 


Apparently Lucy is scared of bubbles. She was freaking out about the bubbles getting on all her toys. She kept saying "uh oh" in a very panicked tone and was trying to wipe the bubbles off her toys. She just sat there frozen in the water....so disgusted with the feeling of bubbles on her skin. 
Basically my brilliant idea backfired and I ended up having to rush a screaming toddler through bathtime. (I was not about to drain, try to get rid of the bubbles, and refill the tub-too much work) So it was pure torture for both of us- but we survived and I think we will refrain from bubbles in our baths for a while. 

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Hahaha! She's needs a bath buddy to show her how bubble baths are done. It's okay, Kara is terrified of balloons.

Lisa Fox said...

I thought the same thing about my kids and couldn't wait to give them bubble baths and they all did the same thing as Lucy..BUT they eventually do like it! Too cute pics though!

Lindsay Coudron said...

Rylee HATED bubbles until she was about 3--haha, silly kids:) Lucy is so cute!!!!! I miss my workout friend:)