Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just in time

Today I went to get an allergy shot and I brought Lu. While waiting she saw other kids with lollipops so I gave into peer pressure and against my better judgment I gave her a small yellow (lightest color possible) dum dum. Well by the time we were done and had headed to the car there was barely any left and I really didn't want her to get her car seat sticky so I just took it away.

Now, I knew this would lead to some screaming but I assumed that like always she would get over it in two minutes. Well she must really like bananna lollipops because she was furious! She was screaming! I mean blood curdling screaming! It was so bad, she kept choking on all that saliva in her mouth from her lollipop!!

I was shocked that 10 min. later when we got to the library drive thru she was STILL screaming! -yes my library has a drive thru- best thing ever!- And now that I think about it probably so moms with screaming children can get there books without dragging there screamers inside!

Anyway- so I roll down my window and immediately can feel the difference between the silence in the library and the horrendous noise coming from my vehicle. I give the woman my card and we are there for longer than normal waiting while she finds all my books. And you guessed it, Lucy doesn't. let. up! So, you can imagine my embarrassment and just the pure irony when the librarian hands me my 3 books: Super Nanny, Child of Mine, and the 5 Love Languages. Yeah, I wonder what was going on in her head.

It was one of the moments where you want to explain so badly that your child is "never like this" but it's just not worth it. She probably just was glad I was getting "help" for my little "monster". I hope my sweet Lu doesn't keep this up, but I guess if she does I got my books just in time!

Even after all that, how can you not love a face like this?


4 comments:

Alicia said...

I feel you! Most of the time it's Jon throwing those kinds of fits, but these days Kara seems to be making a stand of her own. Most of the time it's when I try to get her to come inside. We sure do need a backyard!

Claire Allred said...

welcome to life with a baby girl. Ella STILL has those tantrums when you wonder if she needs to be medicated b/c no one "normal" should get that upset about something. Ella is SIX. UGH. Love the girls...but man oh man, they are DRAAAAAAAAmA.

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Funny!

Marci*Jake said...

Aren't tantrums fun?! That sounds way too familiar. I hope you are doing well, we miss you. (and the library drive-thru, that was seriously so nice!)