Friday, August 12, 2011

The Big 5!

On August fifth of this month we celebrated our 5 year anniversary. I can't believe it, 5 years! Its crazy! I know it's extremely cheesy but they have without a doubt been the best years of my life. I know I couldn't have picked a better partner to be with forever. Erik and I are perfect for each other in every way. I feel so lucky to call him mine. I look forward to many more years of great memories! 

To celebrate we left Lucy with some wonderful friends and spent a night in near by Williamsburg. Neither of us had been since we were young and we have been wanting to go visit. It was a fabulous little trip! It was kind of nice to go smaller in location because then our budget was bigger to actually buy good food and entertainment! haha. We loved it! 

Friday evening we went to a local steakhouse for dinner. yum yum! 

Then we went to Colonial Williamsburgs cute little shopping area. First stop was the candy shop! We got some yummy chocolates! 

I thoroughly enjoyed mine! 
After candy we also got some ice cream...haha. It was delicious! Then we looked around the William and Mary campus a bit and headed back to the hotel. 

I have to mention what Erik had up his sleeve back at the hotel. It was too cute. He had made a little jeopardy game on his computer for me to play. Each question was a video question where he had gone to different locations in our dating, and engagement timeline and shot a little video asking a question regarding that location etc. For example he shot one at his old apartment at BYU and asked "what movie did we watch this night etc." I thought it was the most clever and adorable idea in the world! I almost cried. It had taken him months to put together these videos from Utah and all over Va. It was so thoughtful and right up my alley, I love games! I actually didn't do to hot, which was embarrassing. And the worst part was that he informed me I was playing for real money to spend at the outlets the next day! What pressure!!! But i did alright and got me some spending cash which was sweet! I just thought the whole thing was awesome. It was the best gift I have ever gotten! Highlight of the trip for sure! 

The next morning we got up and headed back to Colonial Williamsburg to look around the village and try to beat the heat. It was a lot of walking and was a little warm, but we still had fun. 

Here is the Governors mansion. Beautiful! 

we got in a little trouble while we were there! ;) 

Then they were having a flea market nearby so we stopped and looked around. They had some of the most gorgeous bouquets I have ever seen! If they would have survived the car ride home I totally would have gotten one. They were stunning! 

Sunflowers make me happy! 

The rest of the day was not documented with pictures but we ate lunch at this fabulous little sandwich joint in "The Cheese Shop."  Which was super yummy! Then we left colonial times and headed to the outlet mall. wahoo! We fought through the crowds and enjoyed snagging a few deals courtesy of my Jeopardy winnings. Then we headed home to pick up our baby...who we did miss! 
Not sure if she missed us though. She had an awesome time at her first sleepover...with a cute boy I might add. I specifically asked for them to not sleep in the same crib..but you just can't trust those Hutchison's! he he! Lu had a great time playing with Charlie and then later with the Gibbons kids! Thanks again to our great friends for keeping Lucy. It was an awesome little anniversary get away!

5 comments:

Furniss Family said...

Happy 5th Anniversary!! Sounds like a great time, just the 2 of you :) That is so cute the Erik put a little game together for you too, how thoughtful :)

Lara Vanhille said...

That is so adorable that Eric put together that game! And what a FUN anniversarty get-away...sounded like a perfect celebration! Happy 5th!

Alicia said...

Happy Anniversary! How fun to have a little getaway like that!

Katie said...

What a cute idea Eric had. I'm glad you guys had such a fun time. Don't worry, Charlie was a perfect gentleman and was supervised the whole time;)

Abby said...

5 years? Wow! Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you guys had a great time ;)