March 5th 2010
This year for Erik's Spring Break Grandma Fox was kind enough to take us on a cruise! We were super excited and counted down the days. We decided that both us and Lucy would have more fun if we left her behind with Nana and Poppa. I was happy with this decision but yes, it did kill me to be away from her! I had a few good cries on the cruise...I missed her so much. And what I feared most happened, I got home and go to hold her and she screams and cries and goes to my mom instead! Which lead me to cry some more...i was so mad! It took only a few hours for her to either remember who I was or forgive me for leaving her, I am still trying to figure that one out. But either way, we made up, and I don't think I will be leaving her behind for that long again anytime soon.
Anyways back to before the trip. So, Lucy and I headed out to Utah a week before the cruise so I could get Lucy a little used to my family before I left her. I think she warmed up nicely don't you? 
Sheesh! What a stinker! I tried to get a picture with her Grandma Lucile and she was not having it! She pretty much acted like this with everyone for most the week before I left. She warmed up to the kids and actually my Dad pretty well but I had to stay close by.
We had a few visitors while we we were there. My cousins Ashley and Carly came over with there kids. It was so fun to catch up with them. Above is Carly's adorable chunk Jude. He is about 5 months younger than Lucy and weighs 1lb more! ha! And you should see his tiny Momma! It's so fun now relating to my cousins as Mothers, so weird! Thanks for coming by girls!
My besties from H.S. Lauren and Kim (oh and Cameron, Lauren's hubby) also came up from Provo to visit, it is always so great to get together with my closest friends in the world, I love those girls! (and you two Cammy!)
My best friend from elementary School Nicole also came by with her little girl Kate, it was awesome to see her as well. I wish I had taken a picture!
My Brothers and Gracie were ALL over this girl! From the moment we got there at 10pm they were swarming her. Lucy now is so lonely without all the attention!
This was a typical after school scene at our house...mob Lucy time! Once in a while I would have to say, everyone please just take a scoot back!
I thought this was so cute! Lucy never holds still like this for me or Erik. One night during family scripture study she just laid like this on uncle Brigham's lap for like 10 minutes!
While I was still there my Mom, Lucy, Gracie, Isaac and I went to see Disney on Ice. I was a little nervous Lucy would be super wiggly and grumpy especially it being so late at night but she LOVED IT! I am not kidding she literally sat on the edge of my lap bouncing up and down to the music for the WHOLE SHOW! And I mean like intense bouncing, I got tired! My Mom and I couldn't believe it, it was hilarious! She just danced and clapped through the entire thing. It made me soo happy! This is why having kids makes things so much more fun! Disney is so magical! Oh I loved it!
We even let Lucy try her first lollipop! (that was a mistake!) Sooo messy! But she sure enjoyed it!
I thought this picture was too cute! Lucy really liked my Dad, which I think made my Dad feel pretty darn special! (I think he kinda likes her too!) When I got back from my trip we celebrated my birthday and one of the presents was more for Lucy but it was a little book my family had made of pictures of each of them with Lucy so she would remember them. My brothers also each tried to teach her a sign to associate with there names (something we did when Isaac was a baby) and it worked! They were so proud of themselves and are hoping she will remember for when we go back in July!
When people hear I traveled alone with Lucy they usually ask how the flights went. So I am happy to report that both went well. I got direct flights thank goodness and on the way there even though it was late she of course didn't sleep and it was basically a wrestling match the whole way there, but she didn't seem to disturb any one else, just me. So I will take it, but I was exhausted! And on the way home the Lord knew I needed a break (traveling home from Florida 2 days earlier was a nightmare...i will tell you about that later) so the sweet flight attendant got me and Lucy a whole row to ourselves! Lucy even slept for about an hour! Oh it was amazing!
We were so glad to be home after a long trip- Erik was elated to see Lucy after going almost 3 weeks without her. Which btw she let him hold her pretty much immediately...no fair!
2 comments:
So cute! I loved getting some time with my "niece"! I thought you guys were coming out for Nate's homecoming in June??
oh my gosh, Pace and I went out yesterday for a few hours and when we got back Liam looked at us, gave us a blank stare and turned back to grandpa. You think he could have at least given me a smile or a hi or something. But I think it's actually a good thing if they don't miss mommy so much, it means you're doing a good job and they don't have separation anxiety. I think when they get older (like 2 or 3) they start missing you more and showing more excitement at your return. But for now, I just have to try and not let it bother me that Liam gives his uncle Michael more hugs than he gives me :(
Post a Comment