My baby Lucile turned 9 months on Valentines Day this year. On Friday we had her 9 month visit and here are her stats:
Height: 28 1/4 inches (80%)
Head:18 1/2 inches (>90%)
Weight: 17.8 lbs (30%)
She has stayed pretty consistent with her height and head but her weight keeps decreasing. So I guess I need to feed her more...or I will settle with the fact that most of my life I was probably in the 30% for weight...so I think she will survive...and prob. thank me later! :)
Another way she is like her Mom...she LOVES her chocolate!
My favorite milestone of hers: CLAPPING! Yay!
Her huge lunch spread. We are having her try just about everything each day: black beans, green beans*, peas, cucumber*, yellow peppers, tomatoes*, cheese*, bread, blueberries*, grapes*, and bananas*. Whew! (* = favs)
Other tidbits about our girl
-She loves being chased on the ground- she has gotten very fast!- I make her leave her Binky in her crib-so when I pick her up she throws her bink back in her crib, waves, and sometimes even gets out a "buh buh" (bye, bye)
- I think we have discovered she say's "ma ma" when she is upset, or needs something and she say's "ba ba" when she is happy or exciting. Once in a while she will throw in other babbling variations but M and B are her go to consonants!
- She still loves playing with my cell phone and can even manage to make some calls...beware :)
- She is cutting her top two lateral teeth first. Not her top middle, which apparently happens to about 10% of babies
- Has never had a "sick" appointment at the doctors. She has only had a few colds. Healthy little bug! (knock on wood)
- Lucy has gotten over hating grass and now will crawl all over the field in our backyard. She totally leaves me and just follows kids (especially ones carrying balls) all over the place! So independent!
- Having said that she is a little more cautious with adults and gets a little separation anxiety, but I really think she is doing better with this. Once I leave the room she is golden!
- She is very loud! Quite a screamer!
- She can now pull herself up to her knees and even up to her feet on the couch- though it makes her very nervous!
- She loves to throw toys, and will play catch with daddy! She is pretty coordinated!
- We finally stopped wrapping her to sleep, we just set her in her crib and she is great! I was way worried about this transition, but it was very easy! She is a great little sleeper! (most of the time!)
And a milestone for her mother...she has started Lucy's scrapbook! Yay! I am doing it digitally and I am loving it! Now rest be assured her life will be documented! phew!
6 comments:
Love the pics! I can't believe she's already 9 months-WOW! She's sooooOOOOOooo cute!! :) The diaper dash had me laughing out loud..so fun! Way to go mom!
-Jami
Sounds like she is doing great. It sort of shocks me that she has experienced grass since our grass has been covered in snow since Clara learned to crawl. I think it will be too cold to crawl on it for at least another month. I'm glad Lucy likes it though. She is super cute!
She is so cute! I can't believe she's only 17lbs! Jude weighs 18! LOL! Are you doing her digital scrapbook from a website or from software? Do tell, I would love to make one too!!!
Yeah, I want to know more about this digital scrapbook too. Do you print it out when you're done or is it only on the computer? I'm nervous that my billions of digital pictures will just keep piling up on the computer
It's crazy she's gotten so old so fast. Seems like yesterday that you had her.
When I saw the title of your post I thought you were going to be announcing that you were prego again or something :-)
Post a Comment