Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Valentine

February 14th 2011






We had a really nice, fairly low key Valentines Day. I hate going out to eat on the actual day, so we did a babysitting swap with our neighbors and went out on Saturday night to a Brazilian Restaurant.(One of those all you can eat- oh how we miss Tucanos!) It was fun to get all dolled up and ride into downtown Richmond. I wish I would have taken a picture cuz we looked goood! ;) The food was excellent, the service and the atmosphere wasn't too hot but it was nice to get a date night with my hubby.

Then on Monday I spent my day with the cutest little girl in the world! What could be better than that? The weather was even nice so we got to go to the park with some friends. Later, we set up a little Valentines Day hunt for when Daddy got home, which he loved! Then we set out to grill some steak and salmon for dinner. mmm mmm! Then we put the bug to bed and Erik and I spent a romantic evening, doing none other than watching episodes from Modern family and The Big Bang Theory, not exactly lovey dovey shows, but the way I love spending my night with the Hubs.

To top the night off I opened my present from Erik which was a box of rocks! He then teased that he was getting me a wagon for my birthday and thought business could really take off if I took these rocks door to door to sell. (something I actually did do when I was like 7 years old and my family will never let me forget! ha!) I was a little confused, but was happy to hear they weren't just any rocks (and were not for me to sell),  I was getting a hot stone massage from Erik! Ahh! Heaven! You don't understand, I am pretty sure if the Dentist thing doesn't work out Erik could easily be a masseuse! He is sooo good at massages! And he say's he loves giving them. He wants to get a table some day and I am ALL for it!  So, these hot stones just made the massage that much better! It was amazing! I seriously feel like I never need to go to a spa he does that good of a job! And he sets up the atmosphere with music and candles and good smelling lotion so I really feel like I am at a spa. It was so relaxing! The perfect gift!

It was a great day spent with the two loves of my life! I am one lucky girl!

5 comments:

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

That girl is just darling!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby said...

We love watching Modern Family too; it's hilarious!

kaysi van dyke fox said...

what a doll!!! ahhh, sometimes i wish i was having a girl just for all of the cute outfits!! ;) you always have her dressed up so cute!!

Bekah said...

I am seriously so jealous of your massage. My husband is not interested in massage and is not good at giving them and I REALLY want one! haha!