Monday, January 10, 2011

New Things

I have been waiting a long time for a "kid corner" in my house...and here it is! Lucy has enough toys to have her own play corner now. It's fabulous! I love her little space, probably more than her!
Another new thing is my newly arranged bookshelf (doesn't it look awesome?). Erik is really happy that there are actually a good number of books on our bookshelf now, he wasn't happy that I was making him get rid of books so I could put pictures on our shelf...lol. Anyway...

Why the change you may ask? Well notice the bottom two shelves...baby proof for our little crawler!!! Okay- I am not sure I would exactly call it crawling yet, but she is doing a scoot/army crawl/ worm dance type thing. It looks exhausting! And she may not be super fast but she sure gets around now. She ventured onto our kitchen floor for the first time ever, kind of gross's me out, but i think I will have to just get over that! She follows me everywhere now!
She also had her first play date the other day and LOVED it! (okay, maybe mommy LOVED it) but I was happy to see her play nicely and not be scared. But honestly who could be scared or just not love this adorable little girl?! This may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!
Lucy's first dinner with mommy and Daddy aka "real peoples food." She did pretty well with Ziti past, garlic bread and broccoli.
Daddy would be sooo proud! We start em young at the Fox house, already brushing those little teeth! (she still just has the 2 bottom ones)
I know what your thinking, please don't tell me that's her first bath...lol..no but she is now stable enough to take baths sitting up in the tub which is much more enjoyable for all parties involved. She LOVES bath time!!
We also bought her these new foam letters and she loves chowing down on them...while Mommy and Daddy like forming words on the wall.
A few weeks ago Lucy also started saying Ma ma. I am so proud, even though it is used any time she needs/wants anything including attention, so not sure if that is good, but I will take it!
Another new thing is that we had to lower the crib one notch...it was starting to make us a little nervous. She loves peeking through the bars and pull the bumpers down to see up when we come in to get her!
She is growing up so fast! I can't believe that at the end of this week she will be 8 months old!!! She is definitely getting more busy which is mostly exciting but sometimes I wish I could go back a few months!

6 comments:

J said...

Isn't it amazing how fast babies grow up?! Congrats on all those "new things"!

You might as well just baby proof the 3rd shelf now too... give her a few more weeks and she'll be able to pull stuff off that 3rd shelf too. I didn't think Liam could reach our third shelf, and then one day I heard a series of loud bangs and a scream, and when I look about 10 books are on top of Liam. He didn't get (very) hurt but we both got pretty scared.

Lyndsey said...

How adorable! She really is growing so fast!

Jackie said...

So fun!

And thanks again for letting Addy play with Lucy. Addy's lucky to have such a sweet little friend. :)

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Love the corner. Lucy seems less and less like a baby.

The Miles Family said...

Fun changes at the Fox household. Once their mobile, you have a new eye of where things are placed.

I sure do take pictures of everything..but you do too my friend. How do you not right? I don't have a picture of any of our bookshelves though. hehe. :)

Danielle and Brian said...

yeah for changes! I personally love her little army crawl but I think that Luc and I need our own play date, because she cries and gets very scared just about every time I am arond! :( No good! I just keep hoping that she is bound to love me ones of these days!!