Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Puppy Dog

This is a common snapshot of my daily life. Ever since Lucy was born I would sit on the couch and work on stuff at the coffee table while she played on the ground, occasionally taking breaks to play with her. I have a feeling I am going to get a lot less done for the next oh...20 years now that this little girl has found my hiding spot! She is now ALWAYS at my feet. My little puppy dog following me wherever I go.

The more I think about it I think I am already beginning to understand why my Mother always responded to our constant pleas for a dog by saying "what do I need a dog for when I have 6 kids!"
I mean this girl begs, chews on everything, tears up my stuff, licks me, leaves spots on my carpet, moans, bites, and even barks...
I mean really, what do i need a puppy for when I got this adorable little pup?

Who can by the way can now crawl and pull herself up on things, which is leading to a lot more bumps and bruises because she still has not mastered easing her way down from her kneeling position. Poor girl!

7 comments:

Annica said...

She's getting so big!!!

Joel & Megan said...

She is DARLING!

Heather said...

Now you get that I wasn't just being MEAN when I wouldn't let you get a St. Benard when you wanted one!!! It is enough work to keep KIDDO's alive. If you recall you struggled to keep pet fish alive! Lucy is soooo darling. We can't wait till March and the chance to tend her!

The Olsons! said...

Lucy is seriously adorable! lol Nichole I feel the exact same way with Benson! I seriously feel like I never get anything I want to done anymore because he is always at my feet no matter where I go! Good thing they're so cute :)

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

I love those big brown eyes!!!

Furniss Family said...

This stage is so fun! You will just love it, but be prepared to get less done more and more every day :)

Abby said...

She is so cute! I can't wait until I have a little one following me around:)