Before we get to all the pictures, I just want to say that I knew Christmas would be more fun with kids, especially older kids, but I had no idea that even just having a little baby would multiply the joy and excitement by at least 10! We celebrated our own Christmas morning a few days before the actual Christmas and this year we went all out. I even made my mom's famous Christmas morning breakfast of cinnamon pull aparts and a breakfast casserole. It turned out so yummy! This Christmas was probably my all time favorites, I just felt so happy to be celebrating with my small, beautiful family. Lucy loved it! She was so into it and It just made it so much more fun. I love the feeling of finding the perfect gift for Erik, don't get me wrong, but giving to a child is soo much more rewarding, it's so magical. Anyways- this year definitely made me super excited for the many Christmases to come with little kiddies!
Now for the fun part... Oh before we get started with the morning festivities, I did end up snapping a picture of my first homemade...all by myself gingerbread house. I think it turned out pretty good for the first time. I am happy to carry on the Knudsen tradition of like 30 years!
We had a blast decorating them with our friends the Gibbons and Laytons- unfortunately my pictures are on that blasted memory card I still need to find! But here's for posterity:









5 comments:
Wow! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas:) Lucy is so adorable; I can't believe how fast she is growing!! I still need to meet her...maybe on our next trip to Virginia okay?! Have a great new year!
Oh, where do we begin! The gingerbread house looks like a house we want to buy one day! :) and WE LOVE the way you did your pictures and captions. Larry's fav pic was of Lucy getting "attacked from both sides" from the puppets (you and I know they were kissing her, hee, hee.) Looks like you three had the greatest Christmas yet!
Merry Christmas! It looks like you guys had such a perfect day! And, can I just say, I am SO impressed with your gingerbread house. It puts our easy-to assemble, from-a-box gingerbread train to shame. :)
So fun! The first Christmas is so great and they just get better and better! Of course, later siblings don't get as many gifts as the first since you already have the toys, but it's still fun. Clara, thoroughly enjoyed her pacifiers she received from Santa. And I think she was wearing that exact same sleeper on Christmas.
What a fun morning! I'm glad you had great Christmas. I agree..kids make Christmas more magical. You guys look so happy..Lucy especially!:)What adorable pictures.
p.s. I totally want to burn your new Taylor Swift cd...pretty please? :) I am so in love with her music.
Post a Comment