Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wart from....

H.E. double hockey sticks!!!!

This may be tmi...and the following picture may not be appropriate but I can't take it....this sucker has ruined me!!!!





Yesterday I went to the worst dermatologist ever....and got 6 warts frozen (some of which I have had for over 5 years...i know I should have gone in a long time ago!) which i expected to hurt...and they did...but this one on my palm has literally made it so I cannot use by right hand.

Because of its location and how it is embedded in my hand every movement of my fingers tugs at it and KILLS!!!! And this is not even going to get rid of it...i will have to go back and do it again and again!!!!!
Anyway I know I am dramatic about this kind of stuff and I know you are thinking really a wart?

But I am serious it is so frustrating and hurts soo bad- I can't do anything, it throbs, I am being a terrible mom to Lucy....


....and then I read nie nie....and I feel better....and pull myself out of my self pity....and it helps for a moment.

So thank you nie nie....and thank you to dear friends who are helping me and letting me cry and be a baby. (and Erik)

15 comments:

The Sherman's said...

Oh Nichole! I'm so sorry! That looks really painful. Hope it gets feeling at least a little better soon! And I'm sure you are not being a terrible mom - not possible.

Aly said...

I agree. That totally sucks, but reading nienie makes all of my little things seem like nothing. Good luck, though!

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Do you remember that Mike had one on his palm just like that??? I was telling you about it one day and then you were all - 'Like this?' showing me your palm. He JUST got his off as well. He avoided certain activities the first day or two because of it as well. And yeah, I am sorry to say that he had to go back SEVERAL (maybe 6) times to get it all the way off. I think one time they even put a chemo shot in it. The thing that seemed to help in the end was to go in EVERY TWO weeks, if he waited longer between appointments then it wasn't as effective.
Sorry you have to go through the pain, but it will work!
I didn't have to suffer, but I love that I can hold Mike's hand now and not have to feel his wart brush against my palm.
Hang in there babe.

Oh and I do still read your blog, I am just terrible at commenting. Lucy is so so beautiful and you are just a great mom, I am sure of it :)

Jackie said...

Oh MAN! That's not fun.

Alicia said...

Ouchie! That looks awful! Hopefully you're not right handed?!?

Lisa Fox said...

OUCH!! I can't imagine how painful and not fun that is to deal with. So sorry!! That was smart to read Nie Nie..she always helps me to put things in perspective..but it's okay to have some comfort and loving when you need it too! Good Luck!

Hksedwick said...

I froze a wart off of Rich's hand and it turned into a huge blister like that and he complained ALL weekend!! Now I feel a little guilty everytime I freeze one off because I know it is going to be a rough couple of days! So you are not the only one who complains about these things.

Lindsay Coudron said...

That looks really painful---I'm so sorry!!!!! I love all the pics of Lucy:)

Likeursoperfect said...

Oh that looks so painful! Hopefully you won't have to go back too many more times.

Gisela-David said...

Ouch! Hopefully they will go away REAL SOON!! Yeah, I love Nie Nie blog too, especially these days. Ugh! P.S. I just noticed on your top picture 2 little teeth on Lucy? She is such a doll!

J said...

I got one on the bottom of my foot frozen THREE times starting about a month or so after Liam was born... well it didn't work, it came back a few months later. I'm just ignoring it for now.

Greg and Jenna said...

eww that is kinda nast. please keep to yourself.

kaysi van dyke fox said...

OUCH!!!!! you know what is so funny is that alan (nicks dad) had like 6 that looked exactly like that burnt off yesterday! he said the same thing you did!! i guess his hand swoll up and he couldnt wear his ring! crazy, that looks painful!!! :(

Lauren said...

Was this a ploy to get more people to comment on your blog? If so, it worked.

Jenn said...

Oh that looks so painful!! I'm so sorry! I hope they can get it to go away eventually! I read Nie Nie too, it always makes me not feel so bad about myself..... But GIRL- THAT just looks painful- I think you have every right to complain!