So there are a various groups always popping up round here of girls getting together to do great things like these:
Make adorable yarn wreaths with friends - this was actually my idea (via Lauren...thank you!) I also got this fantastic shutter from a really great...and really cheap re-purposing shop. (also recommended by a friend!)
Have a great BOW PARTY!!!!! (this is my favorite) I am already itching to do another one. (like Lucy needs more bows!) Here is how you do it....each person chooses a bow/flower to bring to teach and bring all the materials to make...then you swap and come away with 12 new and different bows! Look at those adorable things above? And now I know how to make them all! Quite the skill to have with a baby girl this day in age- quite essential. ;)
I wasn't able to attend the actual swap...but it looks like it was a party!!? Good look girls! ;)
Lastly- this has changed my life-honestly. FHE group. Each person in the group puts together a full out FHE lesson. Complete with visual aids, scripture stories, games, treat ideas, you name it! And-of course an easy outline to follow so you can teach it to your family. I can't believe how these girls come up with these fabulous ideas?!
Sara swallowed in a pile of FHE folders!!! So far I have come away with 62 different FHE lessons....it is a lot of work, but it is sooo worth it!
Whatc'ha doing Mom? And i just threw this pic in for kicks...what a curious cutie!
I wasn't able to attend the actual swap...but it looks like it was a party!!? Good look girls! ;)
Lastly- this has changed my life-honestly. FHE group. Each person in the group puts together a full out FHE lesson. Complete with visual aids, scripture stories, games, treat ideas, you name it! And-of course an easy outline to follow so you can teach it to your family. I can't believe how these girls come up with these fabulous ideas?!
Sara swallowed in a pile of FHE folders!!! So far I have come away with 62 different FHE lessons....it is a lot of work, but it is sooo worth it! What what I do without all these fabulous ladies and there amazing ideas. I really do feel lucky to live here and associate with these girls and make me and my family better. I know these may seem silly and trivial...but i am learning great skills and i think these things all though they are not the most important things- and you do have to stay balanced, these "silly" things improve the look of my home, my children, and the spirituality of my family and I think those things are priceless. When you feel good and things look good and the spirit is there- everything runs smoothly. i am a big believer in that. So thanks girls for making me better! (and helping me have a blast along the way!)
3 comments:
What great ideas! Yes, it does help to have friends with experiences on raising kids that they can pass on! I have one great mom friend who has helped me tons! Also, love the craft ideas and FHE lesson stuff! So, was that FHE project something your friends put together or was it a RS meeting idea?
I never would have loved law school so much if it wasn't for my awesome friends. I miss it so much sometimes. Treasure those moments. Looks like Lucy might be a drooler like Jakey!! :)
Lisa- yes she is a drooler!!! I know I will miss Dental school SOO much! Mindy- just some of my friends put together the FHE group...not a RS thing. I would highly recommended it.
Post a Comment