Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Treasure Hunting

This weekend was all about gathering some gear for Lucy. So where are the best places to hit up when you are poor dental students? Craigslist and Yard Sales!!!! Yeah, Baby!!! Let me just say..I'm hooked! Yard Saling (yes I just made that a verb) particularly was SOO fun! I went with some girlfriends and I may be in trouble, because I am addicted! Both yard saling and craigslisting is so rewarding. It's so fun to hunt down your items, bargain your price, and bring home your new treasures (to be sterilized). So here is what I got!
Some hot jams for Lucy to rock out to. $1.00
A c-d player to play them in = .50 cents (and yes, it works!)
A glider for Mommy to rock out = $75.00 This was quite the steal! I worked so hard for this one! And it was kind of a mess when we got it, nothing a little oxy clean and a good vacuuming couldn't fix! I HAD to have microfiber and an ottoman!! I'm in love!!!
A lovely changing table and she even threw in that cute basket = $30.00 It has a few knicks, but i love the shape of it and the shelves.
Baby Monitor= $20.00 I should have worked them down even less...one receiver doesn't even work...rip off! Hey, you live, you learn right?
Baby's feeding unit= $15.00 Probably my best steal yet! (sorry Sara)
The chair that will save my life (or so I've been told) = $9.85. (that's right I drive a hard deal...no really they just didn't have change for a $20, they were asking 10 and that's all I could scrounge up!)
Another lifesaver and one of my favorites= $50.00 and this thing looks like it was never even used!

Grand total to deck out your baby in style: $201.35

I feel like I should say something here like...PRICELESS! But really, that's forking out a bit of dough, I mean, still good deals but you know...anywho, hopefully they will all be worth it!

Our stroller came in the mail yesterday, ahhh I LOVE IT! (we did buy that new) And we have the car seat (thanks to a generous shower gift!) and her room is mainly squared away. I think we would be able to manage if she came any day now! And that's a great feeling...maybe even...priceless. hehe.

7 comments:

Aly said...

Awesome! If you go again, let me know. I am in need of some stuff for my kids' room. I am excited for tonight to see what else Lucy gets!

Bekah said...

You did very well! I have that same swing and I think $50 is a good deal! I wish I knew where to find the garage sales here. I love your room too. It's fantastic! Can you come decorate my house?!

The Allred Family said...

Good job Nikki!

Adam and Rachel said...

You are so cute Nichole! I'm so excited for you, and I miss you!

Brett and Amanda said...

Piper used that swing and she loved it!

Jake*Marci said...

That does look like fun stuff, Great Job. I hope you have fun tonight, I wish I could be there, Jake had to stay late to study tonight.

Lisa Fox said...

You did a GREAT job. Those are some really good deals. The swing and bouncer look great..and yes you will love them!!