Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Bedroom, Finally!











Our bedroom has been mainly done for a little while now, but there are still a few final touches needed. I have been waiting to get it all done before I posted, but it's just not going to happen any time soon. So...here it is! I am really happy with how it turned out. I can always add the final touches later.

My favorite part is the jewelery holder I made. Isn't it awesome? I just love my whole wall collage part above my dresser with some of my favorite pictures and poems Erik has written for me and that mirror on the dresser was my great grandma's. It's just my own pretty space of things. It's the first thing I see in the morning.

I just love the serene colors and how calm and happy I feel in this room. I love all the light that comes in! It was well worth the hard work of making curtains, painting the walls, and then re painting it when we picked the wrong colors, fixing up the dresser, making the monogram vinyl things above the bed, re-painting the nightstand, hanging everything, etc.

So there it is, tell me what you think! And check out my other posts below...I just got to anxious to stagger them! ;)

19 comments:

Abby said...

LOVE IT! You are a pro at decorating...I love the colors! And, how did you make that jewelry holder-thing?

dreamkas said...

this room could totally be on a design site... wish you could do mine! love it all looks amazing!

Adam, Annie, Josan and Calvin said...

WHAT??!?!?! I LOVE it!!! You did an amazing job Nichole!!!

The Allred Family said...

I am so in love with that yellow dresser. That takes some vision. You are talented at decorating Nikk.

rach said...

For cute! Love the blue wall. Love the frames.

I used the same fabric for curtains in my bedroom, too!

Jake*Marci said...

I love it, Is the Jewelry board a cork board?

kaysi van dyke fox said...

your bedroom is so so sooooo darling!! it looks like a magazine!!! so chic!!

Amber said...

Your room is so cute Nikki! I really like it :). I'm excited for your baby Lucy to come!!!

Heather said...

I'm so proud of you Nichole. I can't wait to come see it in person. You certainly didn't get your decorating abilities from me. Must have been from Grandma J.!

JA and co. said...

So cute! Oh, and I just looked over at your little pregnancy button and it says 14 days left! So exciting...

Lisa Fox said...

Can I steal your WHOLE bedroom...I'm not kidding. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I SOOO want to make that jewelry holder...how did you do it? Did you get it off of a blog or just make it up yourself?

Mindy and Larry said...

wOW, nICHOLE! Beautiful blues and the whole color pallette (sp?) is beautiful! Larry would be so proud of you, and maybe a little, shall we say, jealous. ;) Naw, he'd be proud that there was a another "decorator" in the family, especially one who is willing to paint and use color!!! :)

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

So cute! I love the colors! It is very calming/relaxing!

Mary and Jordan said...

LOVE IT!!!!! come do mine now!!

Jenn said...

Love love love it! You did an excellent job with arranging things! The collage is beautiful, and I love the thing hanging above the bed!

The Miles Family said...

Nichole, Nichole I absolutely love it! I need your help..i'm lost. My room is so boring and I don't even know what to do about it!

She Loves To Make said...

You have beautiful style! I love the paint colors. So relaxing. I'm hoping to work on our bedroom soon and your pictures inspired me!

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

What a great room! Looks like it is right out of a magazine!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

you're adorable! i love the color scheme. i would love to answer your questions about the book but i don't have your email either. write me at jakeandemily@hotmail.com and then i'll write you back!