Monday, April 12, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray for the Monument10k!!!

(haha-i know you all love that adorably cute title!)
It's that time of year again- race season and my hubby was rearing to go again this time trying his first 10k. He didn't get to "train" for it as much as he would have liked to with all the snow and cold weather we had, but regardless he just had to run this oh so famous Monument 10k run. I mean everyone was doing it! ;) I do mean literally everyone. This race is huge! This year they had over 37,000 people.
Erik's heat was early in the morning and was a bit chilly. I unfortunately didn't even get to see him finish! I got there too late due to having to park at least a mile away, then being quite slow on the walk ( I'm packing on a few more pounds then usual!), followed by a much needed porta potty pit stop. I got there and he had already crossed the finish line. I was so sad! I love watching him run and cheering him on. And Erik actually said "i listened for you this time and couldn't hear you cheering!" How sad, he usually is too in the zone to hear my loud embarrassing cheers! Oh well I know there will be more. And at least I didn't have to sit out there freezing my tail off.

I had to at least get one picture as proof he did it. I should have made him pretend to be running! Darn! (next time!)
I am so proud of Erik. He would kill me if he knew I was bragging about him but, he got an impressive 44:34 time. Which online I saw was overall place #1025 and at first look I thought "ouch!" but you think out of 37,000, that's pretty darn good!
He loves it and is excited to do another one soon. I think next on his list is a tiriathalon. Wow! Glad someone in the family has the athletic genes...our kids have a shot! :)

4 comments:

Dallings said...

Good job Erik!

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Go Erik!

kaysi van dyke fox said...

nice erik!!! that is awesome!!!

JA and co. said...

Haha, that story was great :). You forget how hard it is to walk fast when you're toting an extra person around your midsection. Congrats to Erik!