Thursday, April 22, 2010

as promised....






TA DA!!!! First I have to apologize for the lighting, the lighting is crazy weird in her room. Basically we only have one wall done. And I plan to recover that lamp shade, so don't worry. I wanted more to be done in here before she was born but I think this will be all we do for now. I will wait to hang things on the walls, do more shelves and do curtains later. I am really happy with this main wall though. I LOVED how it turned out. nice and simple. Thanks to my neighbor Jenna who hand painted the tree! She is so talented!

So I guess bribery goes a long way with you guys! haha. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who commented on my last post and emailed me etc. All your answers really helped a lot! I can't believe how many of you took the time to reply to all my questions. It makes me feel so loved! And, I feel sooo much better prepared. I took all the "data" and put it into a word document. I pretty much am an expert now on baby products. It was so much more helpful than even I thought it would be. So with that being said, if there are any expecting mothers out there, or anyone who wants my document, let me know and I will send it to you. Thanks again ladies!!!

One other thing to note...I went to the doctor today (week 37) and I am dilated to a 1!!! YAY!! I am slightly ephased (sp?) and she said her head has slightly dropped. Wahhoo!! All good signs. I mean don't get me wrong I would like her to stay in there for another 3 weeks, but progress is always a good sign. I will take another belly pic soon! ta ta!

19 comments:

Annica said...

The room looks amazing! I love the tree!

She Loves To Make said...

GORGEOUS!!! It's a dream nursery. You did such a great job. And you are already dilated? That's wonderful!

Bekah said...

Love it! And I know you have a pretty tight budget and it turned out amazing! Especially the tree!

Also, I was 1 cm and fairly effaced (60%) at 37 weeks with Evan and he was born a day after his due date...but, my labor was pretty short, so it does mean something! It's better than being closed up!

I hope your baby comes in the next 2-4 weeks so you don't go too early or too late! I'm excited to see her!

Adam, Annie, Josan and Calvin said...

At first I thought it was pictures of a magazine!!!! You did soooooooooo good!!!!!! Cutest baby girl room ive seen!!!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

I LOVE the tree!!! So cute! I have been wanting to do that with my future nursery, so can I copy? Will you hate me?

I have been also getting onto your blog each day and spending all sorts of time reading all the comments and loving all the info! If you could please email me your word document I'd be so HAPPY!!!!

carlyandmatt@gmail.com

Thanks Nikki! :)

Aly said...

That room is so sweet! I love the color of pink that you picked. She is one lucky girl.

Lisa Fox said...

You did such an amazing job on the bedding! I am so impressed!! I made Jolie's bumper and it turned out horrible...you put me to shame! :)

Sarah said...

Beautiful! I love the soft pink -- pink can be hit or miss and I love the color you chose. Also, please give us the rundown on the type of crib, dresser, paint colors, etc. :) I'm very excited for you!

Also, if you want to pass along one of your baby documents, I'd appreciate it! sarah.e.madsen AT gmail DOT com

The Miles Family said...

Her room is magical! Love everything about it. Do you mind if someday I come take a nap in it? It's just looks so calming & happy.

Sara said...

Soooo cute! I love the tree - go Jenna! All very exciting!!!!

Leanne said...

That is beautiful-- you did such a great job on it! I can't wait to see pictures of Lucy!

Dane and Jessica said...

ahhh!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! She is such a lucky little baby to come home to that!

Mindy and Larry said...

Awesome! Looks so comfortable and welcoming - we can't wait to see it in person someday! Love, Larry and Mindy

Lyndsey said...

This is the most adorable nursery I have ever seen! I love it. Please don't be offended if I copy you sometime in the future. It's because I just fell head over heels in love with it!

Gisela-David said...

Wow! Can I just say when I first saw it I thought it came from a picture in a magazine. You did an awesome job!

The Browning Bunch said...

Your nursery is so adorable!

The Browning Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dallings said...

Can I sleep in there! It is gorgeous, good job Nichole. As far as the baby advice goes, you know where I live!

The Allred Family said...

oh my gosh I gasped when I looked at this pic. I LOVE it. I love the simplicity of it all. SOOOO Adorable.