This month it is my goal to get 3 things off my regular to do list a day, and to also get 1 thing off my "big things" to do list each week. So far I have done great! I am really starting to feel the frenzy of wanting to get everything done before Lucy gets here. And at this rate, i just may accomplish it!

Lucy's room is finally painted the perfect pink. After trying 3 different shades I think we have found the winner. Here are some pics of her daddy slaving away!! Her room also now has a silhouette of a tree painted on the wall done by my friend Jenna. It looks so adorable! I am going to make you wait though before I show you that until the whole nursery is done. (sorry!)

Here is my closet Before:

And here it is after:

Yay! So much more organized and better use of space. I am HUGE into de-cluttering, it feels so good. I used to be a pack rat and now I fear I have gone to the other extreme...i just chuck everything! I think since we moved here I have been to goodwill with like 8 loads! And I dumped like 10 at DI before we moved! crazy! So i was stressing about keeping everything organized with having maternity clothes, and different seasons, and sizes, it's quite the hassel (as a lot of you moms know!), but now it's organized in a good system.
Here is an old dresser my aunt gave me a while back, i never did anything with it until now. So Before:

After:


Kind of a funky color I know. Once I do the big bedroom reveal it will make a little more sense. (I have a few things to finish up) The color matches a color that will be in the curtains. The knobs are actually mod podged just on the one side of that same fabric.
I found this calendar for a steal at a craft store and snagged it. I just painted the edges, mod podged the paper on it and added some distressing and embellishments. What do you think? My kitchen is all yellow with red accents. I will post pictures of that soon too. I don't think I ever did. I have one more thing to put up in there. Actually, that reminds me, anyone know how i can hang plates on the wall without using a plate holder?

I actually made this sign last year, but never loved it. So I did some touch up on the paint, added the flowers and dots and just spruced it up a bit. It hangs crooked on my door, but eh, whatcha' gonna do?!

Here was my first attempt at doing vinyl on the wall! Kinda of scary! But with Erik's help it turned out great. I love having this reminder in my living room.

11 comments:
Everything looks great! I love the knobs on the dresser. Can't wait to see the nursery!
Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!!!! We can't wait to see the final reveal! :)
You re just so crafty!!! i wish i could do bunch a pretty stuff myself like you!!!
I love your crafts, the dresser is so cute. Some day i will make it over for craft night.
Hey Nikki - these things work great for hanging plates http://www.dischangers.com/140mm_large.jpg You can get free shipping now and they look cute on the wall. Everything looks so cute. Can't wait to see the tree. I hope you show up how Jenna did it :)
okay your 'messy' closet looks 100 times better than my cleanest closet-- you are welcome to come nest at my house if you run out of projects :)
I love those projects! And way to go on the organizing!!! :)
The fabric you used on the knobs is the same fabric i used to do curtains in my room. NICE.
I love ALL of this!
Everything is looking great. I can't wait to see the finished project. By the way, i'm still nesting and the baby's 2months old! :)
Well done on all your projects! You've motivated me to tackle a few of my own projects! Keep at it the pics of your place look great. Lucy's room will be so cute!
sounds like someone is in nesting mode! haha
Post a Comment