Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Baby Bump

Here it is!! My 15 week Baby Bump!!! Please tell me I look fat I am sick of the comments "oh my gosh that is totally nothing!" For me this is something and I want it to be recognized! haha Although it is a little pointy which is kinda ugly. (i just noticed, oh well) I will say that I fluctuate a lot with my belly size. Sometimes I am bigger than this, and other times there is nothing. This tummy is on a full blatter and a full stomach- so it is one of my larger times.


So wow Nichole you sure have posted a lot today-what happened to the post where you decided you were not going to sit around and be lazy anymore? Well let me tell ya. Today I went to the gym today, blah blah yay for me. I didn't feel good but I went anyway thinking that I would feel better and be more energized when I got home like I had on Monday. WRONG! What is wrong with me? I got home more tired and as soon as I walked in the door I threw up! (at least it was not at the gym, but still!) I have thrown up more in the 2nd trimester than in the 1st. What is going on? I definitely have good days and I am trying not to complain, I am still thrilled to be pregnant it's just not only are my emotions moody my body is moody.

here are some of my questions or just thoughts of late.

-The littlest smells throw me off. Does that get better?
-When will I be able to feel the baby move?
-If I was going to get stretch marks would I already start seeing them? Where are they usually and does body butter really help?
- My back already hurts, is that possible? What exercise's should I do?
- For once in my life I am grateful I have small boobs, I don't know how people do it, i want to chop these things off and they are still not very big!?!
- I am so emotional! My latest thing is thinking about Erik dying. I cry probably every other day about that. That would be sad.
-I swear I am losing my mind! It took me and my friend almost 10 minutes to find my car in the mall parking lot the other day. I forgot where I had parked. This NEVER happens to me.
- 2nd trimester=more energy=lie!
-hallmark commercials should be illegal...and restaurant commercials-the first make me cry the second make me gag. (I don't need a close up of your fresh grilled shrimp)
-The psycho cravings have gone down. For a while there Erik and I had never gotten so much take out in our lives!
-I don't sleep as well at night, I can't shut off my brain! Not sure if this is related to pregnancy but it stinks.
-Oh what? It's almost Christmas and I haven't even started thinking about what gifts I need to get?
- What's up with me muting the t.v. during commercials all the time now. extra noise really bugs me these days. And I am really sensitive to loud nosies. Weird?!
- I think I might hibernate this winter. I have no idea what I will do once the weather is cold and I can't go outside to play with the moms around here.
- Is it normal to do a moderate walk on an incline treadmill and feel SO winded afterwards? I feel so stupid! I just want to wear a shirt that say's "hey lay off, Im pregnant!" Or is it just me?
-I just ate 6 rolls while doing all these posts- I LOVE breads right now!
-We find out the gender Dec. 11th!!! Yay that's less than a month away. I am so excited!

That's all for now. I am sorry if I sound like a winer, i kinda am. I'm working on it. I just wish I felt totally better. But I think I am slowly learning that people don't really tell you how dramatic being pregnant is. Even if you don't look pregnant it is so wearing on your body. So many things are changing. I hear myself saying and feeling things I only used to hear older women say! It's crazy! I am pretty sure my body will never be the same. But I know it will be all worth it when I finally get to hold my precious, beautiful baby in my arms in 5 1/2 short months. (uggh that sounds forever!)

26 comments:

Mindy and Larry said...

Congrats on showing, already! I didn't show with James until I was about 16 or 17 weeks. I mean it was there before that, but people really didn't notice at all...And it does get better, gradually...not like all at once you're in week # such and such and poof you're a new woman, but it does get better! Hopefully... and it looks like I'm 3 weeks behind you-week 12 starts on Friday for me! Sure love you and can't wait to see you in a week!

Lauren said...

Okay, okay. Here are my comments.

Lies about never losing your car. I can remember at least two times where we walked around the parking lot for forevvvver not being able to find your car. Although I guess it's an improvement from locking your keys in while your car is running ... Also, blogging about your boobs = slightly inappropriate/gross. Also, I really like your shirt in those pictures.

Be happy!! <3

Rachel said...

You really do look great...so skinny!

First of all- I never got stretch marks until my third trimester, second child. Body butter doesn't help- don't waste your money (unless you want to!). You won't be able to feel the baby move until probably 20 weeks with your first (more like 18 weeks with additional children). I never had a problem with smells- can't help ya' there. I only wanted fruit and chips when I was pregnant- weird. And, your body will never be the same, but you'll definitely get skinny again- you've got great genes. That baby will make everything worth it and you'll be so excited to do it again! Good luck!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Your bump is ADORABLE! That is so exciting!

Okay, so to answer some of your questions... wait I can't remember all of them!

Well, I've never been pregnant, but where I work I'm with mom's all day long and I have sisters and tons of sister-in-laws.

So, I've heard that no amount of body butter will make your stretch marks go away. Some woman get them, so don't. Some woman get them horribly, some don't. My friend said to use a hand mirror and check under your belly (when your too big to tie your shoes) that's the only place she got stretch marks and she was so shocked once she used the mirror to peak under her belly!

Abby said...

Wow! Nikki! You are the most adorable pregnant lady ever! So cute! I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with all these changes, but just think--in 5 1/2 months it'll all be worth it!!! Love you and miss you!

PS- Sorry, I'm not much help with giving you thoughtful advice on pregnancy....but this will be good because when I get pregnant (not anytime soon) I will come to you!!!

Lisa Fox said...

Genevieve just saw your picture and said "Woah"! She knew you were having a baby but now it's a little more real for her...hahaha..can't wait to see your belly after thanksgiving :)

Lisa Fox said...

ok that last comment was from Genna. So the questions.
1. Body butter: totally does nothing but it feels good and smells good so go for it.
2. THe smells: they definitely aren't as bad for me now in the 3 trimester but I know some women that there sense of smell has been effected for life...so you never know.
4. Boobs: hahaha get used to it sista, there only going to get bigger...but they will go back down, eventually, and some women sometimes even go smaller. Also that was the one area I did get stretch marks.
5. stretch marks: I am very blessed and have very very few...boobs! and a few on the hips. I'm on #5 so I know I am blessed. I believe (don't quote me) that it USUALLY runs in the family, you know your mom does and you will...but not always.
6. The energy thing: Comes and goes, hopefully around 5 months it will perk up for you, but yes you're body is working THE HARDEST it ever will, give it some slack.
7. Emotions: oh boy, that one is just: nothing to explain...sorry it's another one that will have good times and raging bad...just keep telling Erik and you're family you love them and really hope they understand!
LOVE YOU BABE!!!!

JA and co. said...

Haha, I LOVED reading this post...it brought back so many fun (and not so fun...) memories.

As for the throwing up more in the 2nd trimester, I was right there with you. I didn't start throwing up until mid 1st trimester and didn't stop until mid 3rd trimester, but the worst was the 2nd. Hopefully yours ends soon.

ALL smells made me throw up for a while. I remember having to sit on our balcony while Jason ate dinner. Even food commercials or TV shows made me gag or throw up. (Which was very sad since I love the Food Network.)

I didn't feel the baby kick until about 18 weeks, I think. It was right before we figured out what gender she was.

Oh, and I love your baby bump! (Mine was kind of pointy at first, too...good times.)

I didn't really get stretch marks, but right there at the end (about 37 weeks) I was starting to see the beginnings of some...but since she was born at 38 weeks they never really had a chance to form. Just disappeared.

Joel & Megan said...

Oh I love it! There is definitely a bump. Lucky. I didn't really have a "bump" till like my 24th week! I felt like I REALLY did look Fat! Pregnancy can be so crazy huh!?! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear if it's a Boy or a Girl!!!! Good luck with everything.

Hannah Stayner said...

about stretch marks... i didnt get any on my stomach with smith (just my legs) and yes I used body butter EVERY DAY..., and then with miles I almost made it the whole time and the last week... pow! there they were. bummer.

Hillarys little Paynes said...

I love reading your blog because you tell it like it is, So entertaining!! and..... here are some of my thoughts on pregnancy....
1.keep going to the gym ( the whole pregnancy) It really helps you bounce back and delivery is a lot easier if you are strong. This may not matter to you now but Trust me when your pushing this will matter to you greatly! 2.Stretch marks usually dont come until like 2 days before you deliver. You'll think you escaped them and then BAM! there they are.
3. They baby is easier in your belly than out, but pure adrenaline got me through the first year of my first childs life. (i am not trying to scare you)
4. Boobs become not boobs but rather like legs once you become pregnant, so I say go on blogging about boobs, pretty soon youll be bleeding from them and having nurses poking and holding them. No topic is off limits in mommy world :)
4. thanks so much for the blog about billie brand! You are so sweet.
5. I am SOOOOOO excited for you, you are gonna be the BEST mom!!

Michelle said...

You look adorable and definitely baby-bumpish. So don't listen to all those people who say you don't look pregnant. :) I can't even begin to answer all your questions, but I will tell you this--I didn't get stretch marks until I got really huge, like around eight months. And from what I've heard, there's not really much you can do to prevent it. Apparently it has more to do with genetics than anything. Sorry to deliver the bad news. Hope all is well! Love you!

Bekah said...

You are showing. I expected to see almost nothing but that's totally a baby bump! I didn't show with Evan until around 20 weeks and HATED that fact!

Stretch marks can show up anytime. Even if you only gain in the recommended 20-30 pounds. I didn't get any until 35 weeks! Then I got one a day! It runs in families but can come from your dad's side as well as your mom's so just because your mom didn't get any doesn't mean anything! I agree that you have great genes and will probably lose the weight quickly (and by that I mean by 6 months, but beware, your body shape changes, even if you get back to your prepregnancy weight.

I feel winded too. I don't remember feeling this winded with my others but it's definitely hitting me as well.

2nd trimester insomnia always hits me. You can take unisom occasionally if it helps.

The gym will help your back, also do stretches. Try the cat stretch. Go to a chiropractor, that helps a lot. And going to one regularly shortens your labor.

kaysi van dyke fox said...

yeyyyyyyyyyyy for a baby bump!! i am soooo stinkin jealous, i want a baby so bad! haha.

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

you think you're not sleeping now>>>just wait until that little tyke comes out! it's all worth it once they start sleeping through the night. i like your bump, i think it's cute!

Darlene said...

USE THE BUTTER!! It will get worse and worse with every passing day if you don't. Take it from someone who's still trying to repair the scars of over a year ago - use the butter! (especially if it has vitamin E)

Jason and Jami Thomson said...

I didn't get stretch marks until much later. I used oil but I think the combination of Utah's dry climate and..whatever else..genetics maybe? anyways the combination resulted in stretch marks..no matter how often I used it. I got them on my lower belly (so I couldn't even tell I was getting them-they were pointed out to me), and some on my hip area.
As for the smells...my desk at work was just down the hall from the break room and for some reason, people always loved to cook stinky nasty pasta so it took me until just a few months ago (Addi is almost 10 months old!) to stop gagging at the thought or smell. I felt Addi move at 17 or 18 weeks. 18-20 weeks is pretty normal from what I have heard and read.
Love the baby bump! You're adorable!!

Freddie said...

Nicole, Im so happy for you guys. but.. Please dont chop off your boobs. :)

Jenn said...

Yes, you do look pregnant! I'm so happy for you, you have no idea!!! We ate out like every night because the "thought" of mixing food together to cook made me want to vomit. (I never threw up though)- I think the healthier you eat - more greens and veggies, help with that issue. Try to lay back on the bread as tempting as it might be, your baby wants to steal EVERYTHING from your body right now, so the best thing you can do is give it as much as possible, nutrition-wise.
I didn't get stretch marks until the very end. In fact it was horrible at the very end, last few weeks, I scratched and scratched myself raw! I was literally crying, it hurt so bad! NO, nothing helps that. It depends how elastic your skin is. You get them on your thighs, under your belly where you can't see, on the sides of your belly and over the belly button (if you get any- everyone's differen't) *my body is scarred for life. I was a nutcase, I couldn't remember how old I was exactly sometimes- or my husband... I forgot everything all the time- that didn't go away until like 2 months afterbirth! I have some prego links on my blog on the left side, I know one of them had some belly exercises that help. (but I don't remember which one it is) Anyways, that's all I can think of to share. I don't really want to even think of being pregnant again right now... :)

She Loves To Make said...

You do have a bump! So exciting!!!
Stretch mark cream does not work...not one bit! At least not for me.
Even though most people say you should feel better, more energized during trimester two I didn't feel that way until week 17 or so. Hang in there!

Patti said...

Cute bump! I always "lose" my car so now I make sure to park by something identifiable and then send myself a text msg with the location (and I'm not pregnant, just brain damaged, although I hear they are about the same.)

Thanks for sharing. You're a crack up!

Tiffany said...

You crack me up! Those are all exactly things I am feeling right now! I never really got feeling better with my first and this one seems to be the same so far. I was puking until the end, although I did start to have some relief around 20 wks or so. Smells have been really bad for me this week. I was taking out the garbage last night and had to run to the sink. As I'm puking my guts out Elsa says, "Mommy, we need to get that baby out of ya." I was puking and laughing at the same time! The second trimester was never any better for me either and I have started feeling really winded even just walking around. A book I have says it's normal. All of this is seriously so worth it in the end though. I thought I would never get pregnant again, but I couldn't resist. At some point you start to get baby hungry again (even though they are a lot of work too). I started feeling twitching about a month ago, but the last few weeks I've been more sure that it's the baby moving and I will be 17 weeks on Sunday. My friend didn't feel her's until about 25 weeks. I've felt so lazy lately too. Elsa and I laid around and watched TV all morning yesterday cuz I have a cold and feel like crap anyway. I wish we lived by each other so we could go through this together!

The Allred Family said...

you are hilarious!!!!!!! I loved reading that post. I can relate to A LOT of it. The smell thing DOES get better and you will start feeling better and get more energy...sometimes it just takes a little longer....You should feel your baby move in the next couple weeks. It'll just feel like gas though and you might not be sure. :)

The Sohm's said...

k so I didn't even know you were prego! Congrats!!!! by the way about your back hurting. Mine hurt when I found out I was prego and my back pain got better around 22 weeks or so. I don't know why it would get better when I am heavier but a lot of people told me they had back pain earlier in their pregnancy too. Hope you feel betta.

Krista said...

Congratulations! I see the bump!!! I know what it's like. I have been waiting and anticipating the "bump" for a while. I'm 20 weeks and still a little on the "small side".

Ryan and Andrea said...

I love your comments-makes me remember. They tell you that you forget-well, you don't! I always have dreams of some family member dying when prego. Weird, but true. It was usually Ryan. There were certain smells I couldn't stand-still can't, like seafood! I never got stretch marks-I never showed w/my first until the week before I had her-no bumps, no maternity clothes for me! Sorry, can't help ya w/either of those! I had major back pain & found out I have ciatica that can be treated w/massage & this thing that goes around your belly, but never worked. My 3rd kid I went to a chiropractor & it was so much better! (They can treat pregnant women, so find out if your insurance will cover it!)

I would highly recommend doing keigal (sp?) exercises throughout your pregnancy & thereafter. Makes your recovery time easier & faster. I would also recommend Lansinoh cream for your boobs if you plan on nursing. That part will hurt no matter what, but seemed to ease the pain if you put cream on your entire 3rd trimester! I found my boobs got bigger w/nursing, so watch out!! I was sick all 9 months with all 3 kids, so good luck w/that!

Sorry so long-should've sent an email. I am excited for you though!