Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Look at us...We're 3!!!

Happy 3 year Anniversary to Erik and I. We made it! I have to admit I think this has been the hardest year of marriage. Probably because we have had to make a lot of big decisions and there has been a lot of changes. It has been stressful but there is no one else I would rather have by my side to help me get through it all.

Here are some highlights from our trip Cross Country.And they are totally out of order-i am just too lazy to re organize them! sorry.
In Gaitlinburg TN we went tubing down a river. Erik's tube hit a rock and he flipped over and got this owie. We probably should have had him get stitches, but we were having too much fun!
This is a museum of some sort. No the picture is not upsides-the building is built this way-kinda cool.

I love this lamp...and this movie. Isnt she Beautiful?
Someday sweetie...
In one of the many hokey stores. I loved Gatlinsburg. Probably my favorite stop. I want to go back. There was so much to do. I loved it.

Yah Man!
Erik had never used one of these before...he didnt like it!
haha. I LOVE these things. And then you think how many other people stick this on there lice invested heads? Kinda gross!
Masquerade!
Just being Goofy!
Near the nice boutique type shops.
Erik was laughing at me. We went to this candy shop and bought a few treats. He says when I walked in my eyes got so big and I looked like a little girl. I was really excited. I love candy. I got rock candy-cotton candy flavor...the best!
We did a carriage ride in the Great Smokey Mountains. It was a little lame but still nice.
Here is the tubing experience mentioned before
Here we are in Nashville TN. We went to a The Wild Horse Saloon. I was a little nervous that this bar would get roudy and the "dancing" would be a little crazy but it was awesome. I was so surprised. There were kids, grandmas there. I felt like I was at a ward party. It was great! We got lucky pickin our bar. We ate some great BBQ here too. We learned some Wild line dancing as well. It was a blast!

The country music hall of fame. Yee ha!
My man Elvis
Got to get a picture at any and every hard rock!
Here is St. Louis. The Baseball All star game was going on the night we got there. We didnt know this until we got there. We thought about walking over to see if we could buy some scapler tickets...little did we know that tickets were hard to come by this year since President Obama was throwing the first pitch of the game. So we instead happened to be at the top of the arch right when the game started. The man on the Mound is the big man himself getting ready to throw the pitch. It was cool to see.
The fly by happend right at eye level. It freaked me out. It looked like a spaceship. We didnt get a picture until it was flying away. see it?
The stadium..not sure the name of it..ask Erik..full house for Obama.
Have you ever taken the "ride" up to the top of the arch. It is freaky! thank goodness it wasnt crowded and we had our own egg. It is a very small space. I was trying to send the message that I felt like I was claustrophobic not that i wanted to choke myself?! I'm a dork!
We took an old fashioned steam boat ride on the Mississippi river it was a little lame. Not much of a tour. I was hoping for some Tom Sawyer references. All I learned about was the old shut down factories along the river. But we had the boat to ourselves practically so we just ran around goofing off enjoying the river and the view of the arch.


I was not looking forward to the trip cross Country but it ended up being amazing. Tons of fun memories!

5 comments:

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

You really did a lot on your trip!! It looks like a ton of fun! Your new apartment is so cute! I love it too!! Good Luck to you both and HaPpY AnNiVeRsArY!!!

rach said...

SO much fun! I can just see you guys together having a blast. I'm glad you got to do that together before Erik sells his soul to dental school. How's the job search coming?

Annica said...

Awesome! Looks like you guys had a blast! AND you made it!! Good luck to you! Happy Anniversary!

Mindy and Larry said...

What a great little recap of your trip across the USA! We love both yours and E's funny expressions! Glad you're safely in VA!

Ryan and Andrea said...

Wow, you saw a ton! Looks like you had fun & will remember it for a while, as you prob won't be making any trips soon!!