Thursday, July 23, 2009

We're Alive!!!

We are indeed alive and well. I am running around crazy busy, unpacking, organizing, painting, and shopping for stuff to fill this HUGE apartment!!! Ahh! Its been so fun so far I dont think the move has sunk in yet. We just got internet yesterday. I will post more later. I have tons of pictures of our trip and our new place. I just wanted to say that we are here and re-assure you all that I will stay in touch and everything after I get back on my feet from all this adjusting! I love decorating my new place...but I will say that I dont know how anyone does this with kids. You wouldnt be able to get anything done!!! So anyways, although we miss our Utah friends and family, so far...WE LOVE IT HERE!!!!!! :)

p.s. just a little something to make you laugh:

We went to the DMV the other day to get new plates and licenses. Since I previously had a VA liscence and got a ticket on that record before I was 21 I had to re-take the drivers test that you take when you are getting your permit. Well....I FAILED!!!! WHAT?? Yeah it was way hard. I got all the signs right. But come on...can anyone tell me how many feet you have to park behind an ambulance? And what percentage of motorcycle accidents occur with a car? Seriously? I dont feel too bad because those were some dang hard/stupid questions, but it was still a little embarrassing.

7 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

Glad you made it safely! And those DMV tests are so ridiculous!!!

Katy said...

Hey Nikki, I just found your blog! and yes I had a similar experience with the VA DMV...I knew I had to retake the test too bc I had a ticket as well, but I failed the eye exam! I had to go pay 50 bucks to the optometrist just to hear that my eye sight is just fine. The DMV is always full of hassles. I'm glad you guys like your new place back in VA!

rach said...

I'm so excited that you guys are all moved in and settled in the new life of dental school! post often...i miss you! PA is farther away than WV...

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Hope you're settling in. We miss you back here! When can you retake the test? Sorry for the DMV Drama.

Annica said...

I am glad that you made it there safely! I had no idea that you were moving already, though. We missed you at the reunion!!! Good luck out there!

Ryan and Andrea said...

Glad you got there ok. We missed having you stay with us & seeing you at the reunion, but ...

DMV story is hilarious!! I wouldn't be able to take that test again, 15+ years later! Hope I never have to.

Abby said...

I'm glad you two made it there safely....I'm so sad we didn't get to hang out while you were still here in UT! Good luck with everything! I'm sorry about the DMV....I had to go there last week only to find that I had to take the test too!!