
This whole process has been nothing like we thought...yet we are now ending with the most anti climatic and boring results...going home! Dont get me wrong...i am so grateful that we got accepted and we have somewhere to go next year but, I have been struggling with the idea just a bit. Don't get me wrong (again)..I LOVE VIRGINIA! I really do...but i was looking forward to a 4 year vacation to somewhere new...preferably walking distance from a beach. But...alas..reality has set in. As we did our research we have found that because of Erik's in state tuition in VA anywhere else we go would be at least $150,000 more. At first I thought whats a little more debt? Let's just say i have learned quite a bit about money this past month. I called my mother crying saying i was just looking forward to having all these options open and deciding where we want to go...and then it doesn't even matter because it all comes down to money! Her reply was "welcome to real life Nichole!"
So here i am...real life. And I have convinced myself by now that i really will be most happiest at VCU. They call it the Mini Provo. There is a strong concentration of LDS people there and it is a great school. I really am starting to actually get excited for it. It just took me a little bit to come around. I am glad to be able to start planning for the future and know where we will be going. And i know we have made the right decision. So there it is...we will be moving from Wymount next July and returning to VA for the rest of our lives.
But don't worry- Erik has promised me a once a year trip to the Beach in exchange for all the money we will be saving for going to VCU. :)
10 comments:
I generally freak out for about a day (sometimes up to a week) when some decision or situation comes up that I didn't want/expect, then I get on with it and make the best of it. Sounds like what you did too. That's what it's like being a grown-up....now WHY did you so long for it when you were 16? haha! Have fun at VCU!
Congrats on the decision, that's a HUGE load to not have to worry about anymore! Virginia's no Texas, but I bet it's almost as cool :).
I know what you mean about not being ecstatic about where you are going! Virginia is so beautiful though AND 15,000 is a lot of money! Congratulations on Eric being accepted!
Nichole, i know exactly how you were feeling. I will say though, that for purely selfish reasons i am ECSTASTIC that you are going to be so much closer. We told the girls on sunday and they screamed they are SO excited. We love you guys!
i'm so jealous! i would love to be at that stage (jake is taking pre-reqs for dental school)--so stop complaining! i don't see you taking any beach trips when you're living off of student loans, but hey, what do i know??
Congratulations!!! We are soooo soooo glad that you guys are going to be only 4 hours away! We sure would have loved to have you guys even closer at UNC-Chapel Hill, but we know that VCU will treat you guys very well! Plus, we'll still get to see you more often!
I totally understand wanting to be somewhere else for awhile, especially since you'll be here FOREVER!!! I'm sure you will love it though. We will see you guys from time to time. :)
Congrats! I know how you feel. I was born and raised here in the cold and will probably be here for the rest of my life. :( I'm just hoping for a second home at some point. Not likely. Well, at least you have lived in more than one place in your lifetime. :)
congratulations! just be glad that you're at least leaving provo :-) (i'm still waiting...)
we probably need to host another breakfast party so we can see you guys again - it's been way too long!
Post a Comment