
Last Friday one of the families i babysit for invited us to go boating at Utah Lake. So me, Erik and Rachael Wilson a friend in town from BYU Idaho all went boating with this family. We had an awesome time. I haven't been boating since i was like 7 and my uncle Greg would take us at Joe's Valley. And when we went i only ever rode a water weenie i have never done any water skiing, wakeboarding etc. So this was quite the adventure. They were so nice and patient with us as we learned. I loved just sitting on the boat with the wind whipping my hair soaking up some rays and being the flag girl! And then i got brave and tried wakeboarding which was way hard but so cool. I finally got up a few times but only lasted a few seconds. I gave up because i was sick of swallowing so much water and biffing it..it gave me a headache. So next i tried Knee-boarding which was so fun...my favorite by far! I loved it. I couldn't stop laughing i was having so much fun. My arms kill though from holding on to the rope for dear life. Rachael also tried these two things and had a blast. Erik was amazing at wakeboarding, especially for his first time. He loved that. He also tried surfing which was hard but he had fun trying. It was just a great day. So fun, we ate dinner on the boat..swam around with the kids. It was great! Me and Erik are completely sold on buying a boat some day now. I think its a great family thing..everyone had so much fun. Unfortunately i took my old camera because i was too scared to take my new one out on the water and my camera's batteries died. I was able to snap a few photos before it killed on me but there is no proof of my wakeboarding unfortunately. But i swear i did it. One more thing checked off my bucket list. I have always wanted to do that. It was a really great day out on Utah Lake. It was so nice of the Gifford Family to invite us and we hope we get to go again.

11 comments:
Cute new blog...I like it!
F U N!!!! BLOG LOOKS GREAT BTW
Sounds like so much fun! The weather is nice and warm, perfect time for boating. I also love just sitting in the boat, basking in the sun. But I am too chicken to get out there in the cold water.
How fun schnikki! You'll invite me when you buy your boat right? It was so fun and coincidental to see you out in Utah. You and Eric have got good heads on your shoulders. Let me know how he fares with dental school apps.
You can't leave me in suspense like that you modest bunch. What did he get on the DAT? And yes, we will share our toys. I am thinking jet skis...and maybe a house boat! :) Big dreams, right? :)
Wow of all the years of us having a boat and we never took you out more than joes valley...sheesh im ashamed of us .. hah ha... sometime come to Sand hollow and we will take you boating,, oh ya forgot we just sold our boat.. ha ha ,, but we are buying a new one soon. Sounds like you had a great time and i sure hope you dont get the stomach crud from swallowing so much water. :) Utah lake is soooo clean ya know. -- btw love the blog scrap book. Your cute nicole :) aunt freddie
Hey Nicole! I love your new blog backround, very cute and colorful. Oh, I would love to be out on a boat right now, sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. Brett told us about Erik's DAT; tell him we said Congrats! You guys must be thrilled!
Oops...I meant NicHole...sorry I have a sister named Nicole. :)
I didn't even know you guys had a blog- I'm glad you found mine...its fun to catch up! :)
I FOUND YOU! due to my expert searching abilities. so add our blog to your extensive list! it will motivate me to post a lot haha
What a fun day! I am jealose - I haven't done a ton of boating or anything but for my internship all those years ago I used to take kids out sit skiing and water skiing. SOO fun!
Post a Comment