Sunday, March 16, 2008

Egg Roll Anyone?



No...not that kind! The Knudsen's family tradition...An EASTER Egg roll competition. Yesterday we had the Knudsen's (my mom's family) Easter party. Complete with an egg hunt, dinner, and an egg roll tournament. It was very fun. Erik and i were put in charge of the egg roll this year which meant we had to dye over 2 dozen eggs. This task seemed a little too daunting to do ourselves so we solicited our dinner club friends to help us out on Friday night. We had tons of fun. After dinner we had this cute Easter treat. ( no bake cookies with whopper robin eggs inside-classic)
Then we started dying our eggs! The Lattin's introduced us to using crayons on our eggs, wow we got some fancy eggs this year!
Then we each picked a hard boiled egg to call our own and started the competition. We flipped over our rug and faced off first as couples. The egg roll goes as follows: On the count of 3 both players release their eggs at one another and whoever's egg cracks is out and whoever's egg comes out untarnished moves on to the next round. (as demonstrated below-haha)
Ironically all the girls got out first which left just the guys to battle it out. Later we found out some of the guys had some scientific strategies on picking out there eggs. Us girls just picked the eggs that we thought were the cutest-so i guess not so ironic.
These are our sad faces (well some of us-others were happy they got out?)
I cant even remember who won i just remember it ended with eggs being thrown at other eggs and shells flying everywhere! It was a pretty fun night. We love hanging with our awesome neighbors!

7 comments:

JA and co. said...

We'll be forever in your debt for introducing us to "The Egg Roll"...it was so fun! I love how Lindsay looks happy that we lost :)...you'll have to let us know how you do in the REAL tournament with the fam. (Remember the strategy...whatever it was.)

Bekah said...

Those cookies are cute! I may have to borrow that when Evan gets older! I'm not really sure how an egg roll works but it looks like fun!

Not that I'm some sage, infertility guru but I want you to know that if you ever have questions or just need to talk, you can email me or call. rebekah.mo@gmail.com

Hannah said...

I think that's the first time I've ever seen Alicia Sagers not smiling! I would have thought she would be the one not smiling! HA! HA! HA!

Mike and Tia Fam said...

I didn't realize you were posting so often, well I am going to make the effort to check more often. Yummy cookies!

kateworthi said...

NIk - you are so dang cute. Thanks for the comments on my blog. You guys must have a lot of fun friends down in Provo - I miss those days of simplicity! :) Seriously, I like the egg roll thing -we should start that tradition at our house... What's the scientific strategy?... :) I'll need to know so I can win! Happy Easter!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

you guys are so cute! don't get down on the girls losing, it makes the guys feel more macho for beating their woman!

The Allred Family said...

You guys are so cute! Wish I were there for the egg roll contest....love competition. That's a great tradition!