I guess it was 2 weeks ago now was my Birthday. It was complete with a yummy ice cream cake my cute husband made for me, fun gifts and a poster from the family I nanny for, a sewing machine from my family and tickets to the musical Wicked from Erik and his family! I have been dying to see this show and i am soo excited to get to go to New York with my hubby at the end of this month to finally see it. It was a great 20th birthday. I am getting sooo old ;)

Just 3 day's after my birthday was Sheri's Birthday. (she is the mother of the family i nanny for) She is also a good friend and one of my old YW presidents from VA. So i decided what would a 40 something year old lady who is always busy working or being with her family want for her birthday..?...(that i could afford?) An Awesome 80's birthday party with her girlfriends! So that's what i planned a surprise party for her with some neighborhood and VA friends. It was a blast. It was a little stressful to plan and i had to do a lot of research since i was let's see...A BABY in the 80's (as you can imagine i was not an asset to my team in the 80's trivia game), but i think it really turned out great. Sheri the next morning said that it was the best birthday she had ever had, which made it all worth it! The 80's party was complete with 80's trivia, music, karaoke, pictures of us in the 80's, and my favorite... 80's candy! Oh yeah go back...we had the candy cigarettes, pop rocks,fun dip, razzles, jello, rice krispies, and Capri suns. 


It was really fun to see all these older women let loose, have fun and reminisce. The night was filled with "omgosh, remember this...remember that" i couldnt get some of the women to shut up long enough to explain a game! lol. I think these women really loved the chance to go back to the 80's for a night! So-after a few drama's like the birthday girl almost coming home an hour too early, the thomas' cat pulling down my decorations and the little girls bawling there eyes out when there side pony tails i gave them "did not look as cute as mine" which was followed by my stressed out comments of "this is not about you...no one cares what you look like!!" (yeah i am a real great babysitter!) we managed to have a very successful 80's party! 
7 comments:
Hurray! I am glad you had pics of the party to share. And Nicole . . . you get mad if I leave out a detail of my life, BUT you did not tell me that you were going to NY!!!!
I LOVE the outfit and the ponytail! You should dress like that when you go to NY to see Wicked :).
Happy Birthday! That party looks awesome! You are very creative!
You are sweet to do that for a friend! "This is not about you- no one cares what you look like" was my favorite part. It's nice to know that I'm not the only Jewkes who says things I don't mean to loved ones. Nice birthday present too. I was looking through old pictures of us in NYC just the other day. You were practically a baby then! :) Speaking of pics, I was looking through your facebook album, and I think I may have spotted a formal dress that I gave you! It's nice to know you've gotten some use out of those over the years! Ha ha.
That is so awesome! I want you for a nanny! lol. Should have really caked on the blue eyeliner though, like mimi from the drew carey show. HAHA. Looked great!
i absolutely LOVED Wicked! I'm sure it will be awesome...Dave took me when we were visiting his family last summer. That's an awesome present...props to Erik.
you are so creative, and amazing. I hope that lady knows what an awesome friend and nanny she has!!
Post a Comment