If you find Taylor Swift anything BUT amazingly wonderful and magical you may want to skip this post before you puke! :) (no mocking allowed)
Please indulge my inner 12 year old.
May 11th 2013 -possibly the best night of my life! ;)
Back on my birthday Erik's parents gave me tickets to the Taylor Swift concert. Erik explained that it was also from him but not for my birthday but a graduation present. I thought it was so sweet he wanted to give ME a graduation present. Really? These have been the best few years of my life, I should be thanking him!
I was soooo excited for the concert! Although I will admit I was a little worried that it may not live up to my very high expectations I watched her Fearless concert video on Netflix and it looked un real. I was hoping it would live up to that!
So first we met Tay Swift herself. ;) I wish!
Ed Sheeran opened for her. He was AMAZING!
I only know one of his songs (A-team) and usually I don't really enjoy a person unless I know their music but he was so talented you had to enjoy it! He was very entertaining and the technicality of his music ability was outrageous!
Getting pumped for Taylor to come out!
Funny story- as we were walking in Erik is like "Why is everyone wearing red?"
I replied- "Well this is her Red tour- it's the name of her album"
Erik- "oh GREAT!"
HA! Poor guy was slightly embarrassed to be wearing red that night! ;)
(he is just secretly a hard core fan!)
We had to entertain ourselves while we waited for her to come out.
What's funny is that when I was putting these pics together I noticed the mom/daughter above us are doing the same thing! ha! Oh thank you technology for allowing us to entertain ourselves with our own faces! :)
And here she comes! Our view of the stage was perfect! We were high up but near the front!
I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I had to fight back tears when she first came on stage.
I just love her so much! I think she is a really good person and so loving and good to her fans.
It was so exciting!
All the awesome close up shots on the screen!
I love how talented she is! It's not just standing on stage playing her guitar and singing.
She had like 10 costume changes, set changes, dancing, and she played the guitar, banjo and piano!
And I would like to set the record straight- she is actually really good live. I think she has improved in this area. She was really good!
The other thing she does well is move ALL over the arena. At one point her back up dancers were carrying her on their shoulders on the floor going around the perimeter giving high fives!?! Crazy!
The little stage at the back end of the floor. She sang a few songs here and the platform would rise up and slowly rotate.
Then, my favorite part she was on a platform in the air over the whole crowd. It was awesome! She really tried to reach out to every member of the crowd and make us all feel involved! I loved it!
At the end again on a platform out reached over the whole crowd.
I know it's silly and I am way to obsessed for my age but I don't even care!
I LOVE her. It totally surpassed my expectations It was beyond what I could have even imagined! I love her music, her talent, her silly songs, her enthusiasm for what she does and for her fans.
I felt it all and it was a night I will never forget!
Thank you so much to Erik's parents and my awesome husband who sat danced ;) through it all!






1 comment:
I LOVE Taylor Swift too and I am VERY jealous and that is so cute that Erik got you a graduation gift too. LOVE it and so appropriate!!!
Post a Comment