Erik was still out of town at his niece Jillian's baptism in Chicago. So Lucy and I had a Saturday to fill. I decided to take her shopping to pick out what themed party she wanted. With all that was going on we were going way simple this year.
This is what greeted us when we walked in the door.
It was shocking and Lucy literally RAN towards it all!
I think we were both in heaven! ;)
SIDENOTE...
Lucy was introduced to Dora and then Diego by friends and is now OBSESSED!
All she would talk about was her Diego Birthday party. I was crushed since I have been looking forward to a My Little Pony party for months now! ;) No but really. :)
I was worried Diego was going to be a fleeting phase and tried all day we were shopping to talk her into at least a princess party. After the 4th store and me talking nonstop about it all she finally caved and asked for a Belle birthday. I was delighted and immediately bought all the supplies!
Two weeks later and all she was still talking about was Diego. I started to feel really guilty for pushing her to do a princess party it is her Birthday after all, not mine! (really?)
So, I went and returned the Belle supplies for Diego. ha!
Wanting to buy everything in the store!!
I learned many lessons that weekend.
One being never tell your almost 3 year old about her birthday 2 weeks in advance.
She will wake up every morning after and say "Mommy, It's my birthday today!"
2 weeks is a long time to a 3 year old..and to her mother.
The countdown helped a little.
Needless to say we were all PUMPED for her big day to arrive.
No comments:
Post a Comment