Sunday, August 12, 2012

The week of the Blonde

I guess I wanted to put it to the test. Do "Blondes have more Fun?" 
Well I gave it a week....
Sometimes I felt pretty hot and sassy

But when I really looked at it, there were a  lot of flaws and things that really bugged me about it. 
The shade wasn't right, I had her leave to much root, and the underneath was a totally different color. 
I felt like it was one of those things that was "good from far, far from good"

Plus I kept thinking about fall colors and all the shades I love to wear as a brunette, and it just pushed me over the edge. 

So back to a brunette I went.
I can't help but love me as a brunette even if it's a little boring and expected. 

I may try blonde again next summer, but next time i will go more gradual. 

It was fun and now I have learned a few things-I was surprised at how well I could pull off blonde.  
Thanks so a sis. in law who does hair since my first hair stylist was out of town already to help me dye it back. 

...thanks to all that saw me as a blonde and lied threw there teeth telling me it looked good...you are too kind

So honest vote please...Brown or Blonde or somewhere in between? 



4 comments:

Alicia said...

Not gonna lie...the blonde was kind of bad. I did blonde once after Jon was born, but my natural color is much lighter than yours and I went a more sandy in-between color. I STILL struggled with it and went back to brunette a short time later as well. Unless you have a bajillion dollars and a live-in hairdresser to constantly fix the roots, being blonde is too much work for us brunettes, in my opinion. Maybe a honey color with some low-lights? I'm all for anything that's fun but still looks okay when those dang roots come in. (Coming from someone who hasn't seen more than 2 inches of her natural hair color in over 10 years and has been every color from blonde to black to purple...yes, purple.)

Furniss Family said...

I like the brown, it makes your facial features stand out more I think. I tried blonde hair once for 1 year and it's a lot of maintenance. I look back and as much fun as it was for a change, I love my brown better too. You of course look so cute no matter what though too :) Happy Anniversary to you guys too! Cute couple!

Furniss Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy and Larry said...

You are so brave to have tried going blonde, Nichole! One more thing off your bucket list!:) You are so beautiful as a brunette- with your awesome skin color that tans so well, and gorgeous eyes!! (This is Mindy, talking, not Larry,hee-hee!) Anyway, isn't it great that you could get it reversed? Absolutely love the "BLONDE" pic at the beginning of this post!