Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summer Day 6- Downtown C

 We spent our Saturday exploring downtown Chicago. 
I have to admit this city was not really on my list of places to visit and we probably would have never come if Erik's brother hadn't moved there. 
But now I am so glad they did so we could go discover this amazing city.
 I really fell in love with Chicago. It's an awesome city. 

First stop- Brett works downtown in a fancy law firm. He showed us his office.

Former Sears tower- tallest building in the U.S. 
Two Cutie-Patooties! 
People asked if they were twins! 
On the Ferry ride through the Chicago Waterway's out to Navy Pier and Lake Michigan. 
It was beautiful. 

What a view! 
And what a crew we had! 
Navy Pier was pretty crowded and a bit hot, but it was fun to explore. 
I thought the water was beautiful! 

And whats a trip to Chicago without seeing the Bean? 
(don't worry I didn't know it was a bean either) 
This was a MUST SEE on my list, and it didn't disappoint.  
It was beautiful! 
I loved all the cool shots you could get of the city. 

And for a person who loves taking pictures of herself-it's a dream come true! 
 Hours and hours of fun! 

Like mother like daughter. :) 
We caught the tail end of a free kids event. 
Lucy loved trying to hulu hoop. 

This fountain in Millennium Park was so fun,
If I lived here I would bring Lucy in her suit here everyday! 
They loved splashing around and I loved the quirky faces that kept appearing on the water tower and squirting water out there mouth. 
Strangest thing ever! 

A little known fact about Chicago is that it has the second largest population of Polish people in the world, next to Warsaw, Poland. Crazy! Erik served is mission in Poland and was so excited to go find the Polish stores and communities that still exist in Chicago. I felt stupid taking too many pictures but i snapped a few in the first and largest store we went to. After that we walked down a street just lined with polish shops. Everyone was speaking Polish, it was so crazy. 
Erik was in heaven and I loved watching my man in action. 
He was speaking to everyone and looking for all his favorite foods etc. 
It was awesome and a highlight of the trip for sure. 
That night we brought back the groceries and Erik made us all Polish sausage and pirogi's. 
We also sampled all sorts of polish doughnuts, breads, juices, and yogurts. 















1 comment:

Darlene said...

Yay pirogies! Brooklynn's favorite food. There's a big Polish population in Pittsburgh too :)