
Meet Barb. My amazing friend who has been battling breast cancer since October of this year. This Friday marked the last day of her Chemo treatments.
We celebrated with a big party! And boy do the White's know how to throw a party! They have a beautiful back yard where it was nice to visit with friends. We ate amazing cupcakes from Pearls Cupcake Shoppe that were to die for! My favorites were the chocolate mint and the butterfingers ones! ahh so good! We also sent off Chinese lanterns into the sky with our wishes.
Can you see by my huge smile that I'm living my "Tangled" fantasy? So cool!
Watching Barb endure what she has over the last months has been such an inspiration to me. She has handled this horrific trial with grace, humility and a fierce strength. She is a fighter, she is strong, she is beautiful. She is a wonderful friend and an amazing mother. She has taught me to be grateful for what I have and to live life to the fullest. I truly feel blessed that our paths have crossed. I know she still has a rough road ahead of her with radiation and more surgery, but she made it through an extremely painful and exhausting stage of this nasty disease and that's worth celebrating! I felt so happy for her this whole day, seeing her just emulating joy made me so happy. She did it! Like those paper lanterns she could just let go of chemo, say goodbye to cancer and watch it float away! Gone! I am so proud of her and proud to call her my friend. Love you Barb!
6 comments:
Those are some great pictures of her! I love the idea of the chinese lanterns AND I LOVE those lanterns. I've done them a few times and it never gets old!
So glad you posted this. Barb is amazing!
What a great story, Nichole! Thanks for sharing about your friend. I, too, am amazed at those individuals I have known who have/had cancer. How inspiring to send off chinese lanterns. I want to do that sometime!!!
Love you, MIndy
I didn't know Barb was diagnosed with Cancer? Last time I saw here was this August, so she must have not known yet. Cancer stinks, it has affected so many people in my life. What a strong person to fight this, glad she is doing better! Thanks for sharing!
Would you be surprised if I told you this post made me cry?? What a miracle!! Beating cancer IS a miracle!! My heart is BURSTING with happiness for her and her family!! I love the Chinese lanterns...such a great idea!!!
Wow she is inspiring! What a great way to celebrate.
Post a Comment