The trivia questions were in the straws and the kids had to blow them out and whichever "zone" it landed in that's how many points that question was worth. Big hit!
I love this picture! I love that I thought this activity was soo fun, but then I look at this and think "were we just torturing these kids in these silly costumes?" haha! Poor guy, I think we let him take that off soon after.
Another favorite. I was shocked this boy let me put it on him. So funny!
Team 2 up top, Team 1 below. I love all these silly (and some mad) little kids. haha. I swear they had fun even though some look miserable! ha!
This Sunday we had a "Friend Festival" in Primary. Our Primary President came up with this fabulous idea. We made sure every family had a copy of the February Friend magazine and asked them with there parents to study it cover to cover. Then at the end of the month we would have a party all about that issue. We played a trivia game, played a silly costume game, and each kid made a CTR shield with way's they were going to Choose the Right this year. I have to admit I wasn't sure that it would go down that well but it turned out fabulous! The kids loved it and knew most of the answers.
Of course it was a LOT of work, and I felt like I had ran a marathon afterwards, but it was blast and I think it got the kids excited about the magazine.
I know I have said it a lot but I will say it again. Being in the Branch has changed my life. It's true. I love these kids. My heart goes out to those who have rough home situations, I love watching them grow and surprise me every week, I love laughing at the funny things they say. It's hard work but it is soooo worth it!
1 comment:
What an awesome opportunity you and Erik have to serve in that branch, Nichole! I'm so happy to hear how great it's going!
Post a Comment