Monday- Grandma Fox came down and we ate out (twice) and played at the Children's Museum where they informed me our pass had expired...sheesh thanks for the warning! Girls night with a visit from an old friend. It was sooo great to see Emily and catch up. I love that girl and miss her even more now! Finished reading book 2 (Pretties) in the Uglies series. Love these books!
Tuesday- Erik woke up in the middle of the night with intense stomach pain and throwing up. The episodes got so bad that Erik felt we should go to the Dr. Well after a preliminary doctor visit we ended up in the ER. They thought it could be gall stones but after doing an ultrasound and other exams landed on either food poisoning or combined with how much he ate yesterday (and how fatty it was)- a bad case of the flu virus going around. So...it was a bit of a long and expensive (Erik foolishly has no insurance) trip for not much but peace of mind. I mean it was scary when he was killed over holding his gut. I had never seen him like this! Anyway, I think he felt embarrassed that he went to the ER for what ended up being just that, but better safe than sorry right? That day- Parenthood marathon with my sick hubby.
Wednesday- finished my 12th episode of Revenge. I got through all 12 episodes in one week to catch up to live. ha! Oh my gosh amazing show! Spent the day babysitting friends. Later we ran to the library to pick up book 3 and to Walmart where I found these i am dying to try. They are just stickers basically! Sweet. That night I was on ride duty for Faith in God primary activity. Which is always a challenge that ends up well worth it in the end. This night included me crying to Erik on the phone because I was stuck on a one way street where a tow truck was blocking the way...forever, and I couldn't find the house I was looking for and I was scared because I am in sketch town and I am a big baby. uggh. Needless to say I survived. This branch is making me a bit tougher! ;)
Thursday- gym then music time with friends- Lucy loves Music time! Made these valentines for grandparents. Mailed them off. Later that day we had some kiddes over to decorate sugar cookies. Shoot I should have taken pictures. Lucy loved eating the conversation hearts and licking off the frosting. Scraps that night with some great company till 12:30!
Friday- Zumba with Brittany- it's good to be back. Then Lucy went to get babysat by Britt for a quick appointment I had. So I go pick her up after only about 25 min. I go upstairs and she had with Brittany "helping" get baby Max ready for the day. My sweet friend had let Lucy help bathe him, change his diaper, rub lotion on him, and comb his hair. This is pretty much heaven for Lucy. She LOVES anything to do with taking care of babies. So when I told her it was time to go she screamed "no!" over and over and then ran down 2 flights of stairs and went and "hid" in Britt's bedroom. I couldn't believe it! It was so hilarious. She has NEVER acted like that. She was determined to stay. Britt was kind enough to let her stay a little longer. I just love how much she loves babies! She has been talking about baby Max all weekend! Brittany you made my child's week! :) That night- babysitting co op duty. Made Lucy's friend valentines and a present for Erik. Came home and decided to have a deep gospel convo with the hubbs that kept us up till after 1am and left me thinking "why are we so stupid?"
Saturday- 8am church meeting, much needed nap, Costco where we got awful grapes but a delcious take and bake pizza. Oh not to mention we finally got our first snow! It was a viscous storm for like 15 min. thunder and all, then it was over. There was s dusting on the ground so Lucy and Erik went out and played for a bit with the kids. (we had to get some use out of that snowsuit and boot Lisa sent!) More parenthood.
Sunday- exhausting sharing time..primary kids out of control. Left to wonder what the heck should we do? But I still totally love it..and love those kids. Relaxing afternoon. Yummy dinner, and games with friends.
6 comments:
Gosh, is that all you did? :)
That IS a crazy week! And I'm so sorry for any stress Primary caused... just keep chanting "I love the kids, I love the kids." It helps. Sometimes.
I can relate to the ER trip for nothing. Back in December I went to the ER at 5 in the morning for extreme leg pain. It had been going on for about 12 hours and I was scared that I couldn't sleep. Turns out it was nothing but a pinched nerve. The doctor didn't do a thing! It cost $1500. Ridiculous. Just ridiculous! Luckily I have insurance though, still had to pay over $100.
AHHHH, that's what you needed to do last week. And now look back and say " Phew, glad that's over". So sorry I hate weeks like that..or in our case...a year like that. it seems at least ;) Glad erik is ok, at first I was like..oh maybe appendicitis then I remembered he got his appendix out already. These fox boys and their stomachs. No fun! Being in a branch sounds like it can be quite an adventure, glad that you have such a good attitude about it! Too cute about Lucy's baby friend. Sure do miss that cute face! xoxo
So sorry to hear about Erik - glad he's better.
And I am so sorry I wasn't there to help out on Sunday...I'll try to stop leaving town so much (but no guarantees!)
revenge is the best show ever!!!! Im obsessed. Do you watch Once Upon a Time? I got Bryce addicted! Just another show for you to watch!
Post a Comment