Sunday, February 19, 2012

MCV Ball 2012

This was our second year at the Ball and we had a great time once again. It was a little bit of a bummer not having it at the beautiful Jefferson but that didn't stop us from having a great time! 
It's so fun to get all gussied up! At the Gibbon's house before we left. Thanks to the Miles for babysitting! 


Neighbors and fellow 3rd years...love these guys! 
I am so sad that these first few pictures are so terrible. My camera was being weird. 

Dinner


So fun to party with all these awesome girls! Between dancing, chatting, and hanging in the game room it was a great night. 

This year instead of a casino they had Carnival games. I will admit most of them were a bit of a bust. But we fooled around with some and made them fun. Air hockey with Gibbons, Corn Hole with Laytons, operation, football and golf were the favorites. Not to mention the yummy popcorn and the Cotton Candy! I think I would have paid the $50 just to have the all you can eat cotton candy! I was in heaven!

And of course- always the highlight the photo booth! What was nice was that we got there so early that we didn't even have to wait in line. I wish we had done like 5 more!  And again- really bad picture...and I was too lazy to scan. Sorry. 

I also love the Ball because it's a rare chance to get my groove on! Although these dances are far from the good ole Stake Dances. (I miss you Cotton Eyed Joe!) I tell ya, you would be shocked to see how America's future dentists and doctors are dancing! But we just ignore mock it and do our own ridiculous moves! Lauren was my rapping buddy...we knew all the ghetto songs! ooooohh yaaah! ;)  Oh and can you tell by these pictures how much Erik loves dancing? ha! We left quickly after these were taken because his ears were ringing! 

Although there was a time for dancing and I like to tell myself I am still totally young and hip...I will say that for the first hour or so I felt like an old geezer. I just keep thinking "could they turn that music down!" "It's so noisy in here" "Why is everyone being so rowdy?" "What- I have to pay for water? What I have to pay for parking?" "Oh man I am so tired!" -haha! I guess I am getting old! 
I quickly let loose- with a little help from a baby asprin- jk! (name that show!) and had a young vivacious evening! ;) 

I seriously could not walk as we were leaving. I was limping in my killer heels. (again-I'm getting old) So I took them off and walked on the nasty pavement, and then my sweet husband offered his shoes -at least he had socks on. I just had to get a picture! We were quite a sight to see. At least people probably thought we were just wasted! :) 

Thanks for the fun date night Erik! I love dressing up and dancing with you! 

6 comments:

Lisa Fox said...

You guys looked great. Love your dress. I love getting dressed up and for a ball. even better. Why wasn't at the Jefferson? I love that place! That is too funny about the shoes but I would have done the same thing!

Jackie said...

You looked fabulous! I'm so glad you had fun. And anything that involves "at least people probably just thought we were wasted" sounds great to me. :)

Lauren said...

Thank you so much for posting the dancing pictures and for rapping with me!! Such a fun night even though it wasn't at the Jefferson!

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle and Brian said...

oh fun!! you look beautiful. The only thing that Im a little jealous of is the cotton candy and Im sure bri would have loved the golfing! Glad that you guys had fun!!

Mindy and Larry said...

It looks like you had a blast, and yes, Nichole, you are getting old! Welcome to the club!:)