Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lucy Lately

Between all the "No!"-s and the whining, and the dramatic meltdowns this almost 2 year old (crazy) is pretty fun. Here are some of things she is doing lately. 

She has become opinionated about what she wears. Particularly in the shoe department. I try to guide her to things that match, but occasionally I do let her wear those hideous pink Crocs she loves so much. Overall she is pretty stylish, and definitely girly! 

She wants to "help" with everything! A job I give her frequently is unloading the silverware. She loves it! She begs to do it and she is now able to sort them into the right slots too. Win win. 

About a month ago Will and Lydia came over and we watched The Lion King. Ever since then Lucy has been OBSESSED with the movie. That's all she wants to watch. It started with her only being able to pay attention during the songs but now she watches it everyday and watches the whole movie. Most of the time standing right at the bottom of the t.v. stand, staring intently. She loves screaming "LION" every time she sees Mufasa. And "aaah aah" for Rafiki. It's pretty cute. And, don't worry I skip the part where Mufasa dies. Probably more for my sake than hers, but either way. 
It is hard to get her to do other things now that she is hooked on a show. She constantly asks for it and refuses to play with other things. (see above where I mention whining and meltdowns...insert one here) And while I would now say that Lion King is my favorite Disney movie (I forgot how good it is) I wouldn't mind a variety. My next goal is The Little Mermaid. 

This Girl loves cereal. Especially sugary ones. So we have come up with a solution. Her daily bowl consists of Kix sprinkled with a few Trix. She also loves Bananas lately, she asks for them all day, every day. 

Another new thing she does is shushing us. When we are singing or even talking and she decides she wants quiet she will put her finger to her lips and go "sssss" (It's more of a hiss.) It cracked me up at first and now it's getting a little annoying. 

When I force her to do something else besides watch The Lion King she likes:

- taking pictures with her camera and saying "cheese!" 
- Talking on her phone...she walks around jabbering. 
- playing outside on bikes and cars- she will go far up the sidewalk on her own now. 
- baby Max and baby Jack...she asks about them daily. 
- playing with her "choo choo" (train)
- tissues...she has a strange obsession with them. 
- drinking my protein shakes...she loves them. I don't give her very much...but she asks for them constantly. 

That's Lu Lately...gotta love that girl. 

4 comments:

Matt and Ness said...

What a cutie. I love that she shushes you! Hilarious.

Hksedwick said...

MUFASSA...oooohhh it gives me the chills!

I love that she is obsessed with that movie.

Lisa Fox said...

Gotta love the almost 2yr. olds. They are just little people trying to get out of a baby body. So fun and yes so hard too. I love her fashion sense.it's adorable..pink crocs and all. Giselle has started to tell us " don't touch" when she she wants to do something on her own. Fun huh? :)

Claire Allred said...

I swear 2 yead olds all do the same thing. I swear I could write all these things about Quincy. He is obsessed with Lion King.