Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Clubbing

During the day on Friday I was looking forward to Erik "asking me out" on our date that night. I was ready for some clues on what we were going to do. Erik sent me a text in the early afternoon and in it it said something about "going clubbing." At first I was excited and then I started thinking through it and got really nervous. The thing is, I have told Erik for years that I wanted to go clubbing, because I have never been and I loved stake danced so I mean clubbing is like the same thing right? ;) 
But when I said I wanted to go clubbing I meant like in a group or with girls or...the more I think about it, I don't even think I want to! ha! So naturally I am freaking out picturing this date. I am picturing this awful trashy atmosphere and, our awkward dancing, and paying to go then 10 min. later either getting bored or assualted so wanting to leave. 
So I am getting really stressed about it because I don't know if I have the heart to tell Erik I don't want to go when he thinks he is like making my long life dream come true...but I really did not want to go. I hung out with a few friends that day and was telling them all about how nervous I was and even trying to recruit them to come with us! ha! I mean I was in a frenzy! 
Eventually I decided I just needed to tell Erik I didn't want to go clubbing. So I nervously called him and chickened out and just told him I was tired and wasn't sure I was up for clubbing tonight...haha! He then started laughing and told me that we were not going clubbing (he was soo happy I fell for his little trick) and that "clubbing" was just a hint for what we were actually doing. Oh my goodness I was soo relieved! And I felt really stupid for falling for his joke!  He later told me he would never plan a date for us to go clubbing! (phew!) He thought it was hilarious I actually thought that was what we were doing!  

So, here is what our real date was....

Driving range (clubbing...get it?) and batting cages. It was a ton of fun! (Erik made me wear sneakers. I know I look ridiculous.) 

Thanks for the date sweetie...and the clubbing scare. It was an eventful day! 

No comments: