Monday, August 29, 2011

I heart weekends!

Yes, we are alive and survived the hurricane this weekend with only losing power for a few hours on Saturday. We also had church cancelled Sunday because it seems we were just in a lucky patch because most people around us still don't have power (as of Monday) and there were a lot of trees in the road etc. So needless to say we had a pretty low key weekend just hanging out at home watching the storm.  

So I can't say I looovveed this weekend but in general I heart weekends! (but really who doesn't?) 
So let me tell you about my weekend 2 weekends ago. 
We kicked it off on Friday with our date night to see "The Help" Wowie...what a kick off. Seriously amazing movie, lived up to the book, never cried that hard in a movie, hilarious...just great. It was fun. 

Saturday morning Deep Run Park was holding a free pirate day festival thing for kids. So we endured the heat and did piratey things including a fun little treasure hunt! 
Then to cool down we headed to the Children's Museum. I love this place probably more than Lucy. It's the best. 

 Can you tell what part is Lucy's favorite? 
The train only goes every half an hour but of course Lucy doesn't understand this. So I spend most of the time pulling her away from the railing. She loves watching others ride the train as well. She waves to them all. It's adorable. 
Our first attempt in the art center painting. Apparently it failed...once she tasted the paint I think she was out. Literally we were in there for like 3 min. and then we were done. Oh well. 

What a fun weekend. Richmond offers a lot of fun things for us to do and we totally take advantage! 



Also...i just finally posted Lucy's 1 year pics on the blog but I back logged them in May. Take a look here


1 comment:

Sara said...

it's official i am not ready to look at your blog... pirate festival, children's museum, pics of your house ... all like rubbing salt on a wound!!! boo!!! but i am lovin' your living room re-do so far! can't wait to see the finished product...:)