Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hogle Zoo

Our first week we were in Utah my Parents and my brothers Noah and Brigham went to Youth Conference. They went on Trek which meant Erik and I were in charge of the little ones. One day, to stay busy we decided to go to the Zoo. I have fond memories of the Hogle Zoo and Lucy has never been to any Zoo before, so we figured it would be a perfect activity. My family has a foreign exchange student from Korea staying with them so we also brought him and we called my Cousins Lauren and Hailey to come too.  It was quite the party! We couldn't have asked for a better day. The weather was absolutely perfect! It was the perfect day at the Zoo! 
Here are all the Kiddos. Hailey, Lucy, Gracie, Issac, and Young Sang. 

The Peacock fanned out right as we were walking by! I am not sure I have ever seen this! Sorry my picture is blurry...just trust me it was gorgeous! 

Best Buds! :) 

Lucy LOVED all the animals!! She kept making a barking/mooeing sound and pointing. It was so fun to experience it with her! 


Don't you just love this curious face? 

Checking out the Elephant! 

Love this picture. The animals were all so alert and active. It was fantastic! 

Can you tell what those are? Bats...gives me the creeps just looking at it...so nasty!!! 

Giraffes! I love Giraffes! They are magnificent! 

Posing with Isaac on the "kitty' 

Checking out the Giraffes. (thanks to Lauren for the pics btw..my camera died!) 

And...we got suckered into paying for a carousel ride! Which was well worth it! Lucy loved it!! Once it stopped she started bouncing up and down as if to say "giddy up". She didn't want it to end! She cried when we finally pried her fingers off the bar! 

A Rhino...i don't think I have ever been so close! 

A ride down the Snake Slide...looks like she enjoyed it huh? 

Awesome picture of the Tiger. 

This many pictures of JUST our trip to the zoo? We still have 2 1/2 more weeks of Utah to document. Buckle up! 

3 comments:

Lauren Simpson said...

Great photographer! ;) That was a totally fun day!

Jenna said...

that picture of the tiger is so cool! you guys were brave to go to the zoo with so many kids- i feel like i need two adults just for siena :) keep the posts coming... maybe some of us don't have friends yet and spend too much time looking at blogs

Rachael. Ma, United States said...

Nikki oh my girl you and Eric are to cute, and Lucy is just beautiful! I love your family!