Monday, August 22, 2011

HI!!!

Lately, Lucy is obsessed with saying hello to everyone she sees. We will be playing outside, like pictured below and a stranger will be walking clear across the street and she is going crazy waving and saying Hi! She usually wont stop until they recognize her! It's hilarious! Sometimes it takes people a few minuets to realize she is saying hello all the while she is following them saying "hi!" "hi!" Sometimes I just want to yell "hey, will you please say hello so my child will stop!" ha! 
 

Her hello's can be quite enthusiastic! Sometimes it even sounds like she is hyperventilating! ha! It's fun having such a friendly girl! 
Another quick story: We were at the park the other day and we had the playground all to ourselves. Another family pulled up that we don't know and started to head down the path towards the playground where we were. Lucy stops playing and starts bolting down the path towards the family. I start following her wondering what she is doing. Well she gets to them and stops right in front of them and say's "hi! hi! hi!" waving her arms at them! They finally say hello back, she then smiles- completely satisfied, and turns and heads back to the playground to continue playing. I guess she was just welcoming them to the park!

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Whhhat? Is this the same child of yours who used to practically cry anytime a stranger looked at her?

Furniss Family said...

What a cutie!! That is so funny :) It's so fun to see them talking isn't it? I hope she says hi to me when I see her, lol.

Hksedwick said...

I wonder here all that friendliness came from...hmmm.

Mindy and Larry said...

How adorable! I love the pictures of her waving...great shots in action! How big she's getting, too!

Heidi said...

that's so fun when their little personalities start to come out. What a cutie - miss ya!
Heidi

Katie said...

Haha, oops. I was one of those oblivious people you had to tell to say hi back to Lucy;)

Dallings said...

That is so cute and surprises me, with her being such a mommy's girl to begin with. She is a doll. I wish i could say hello to her. I have been doing a lot of crying since we said our goodbyes.

Lyndsey said...

That's so cute. She's so adorable.

Heather said...

Now I see why Lucy LOOKS so much like her dad. She acts just like YOU! Super Social and cries when candy is taken away! Love you all! Glad you were safe through the earthquake