Thursday, August 4, 2011

At the Cabin

 Ever since I can remember we have gone up to our cabin in Woodland for a week every summer. This Cabin was built by my great grandparents and their children (including my Grandpa) in the 80's. These days cabins are built like second homes. But keep in mind this cabin is in it's truest form a CABIN. I am talking 1 bathroom, thin walls, no fancy appliances and no a.c. or heat. We share this cabin with all the descendants of my great grandparents, which is quite a lot. So when the Doug Knudsen family gets there time up there we all just squeeze in and go! This year everyone came which made it 29 people. 29 people in a 5 bedroom, 1 bath cabin- yeah I am not sure how it works either- I guess we just really like each other!  Or were just all crazy! 

So what do we spend our time doing up in this tiny cabin with all these people? 
We play a lot of games. Cards being the adults favorite. 

We work on projects. I got some digital scrapbooking done. (no there is not internet or cell service btw) 

We play outside! This is my new favorite picture! 

We make S'mores. Gracie chowing down! 

Lucy trying her first S'more! mmm mmm! 

Just an adorable picture my mom got of Lu! So cute! 

Oh and some of us knit! My 16 year old brother has this sudden obsession with knitting! It's so funny! He makes hats, scarves and here he is working on some slippers that yes he plans to wear to his high school. Don't worry, i warned him it would be social suicide, he didn't listen! ;) At least it's good bonding time with Grandma! 

Look at my cute parents cuddling! I had to capture this moment because it doesn't happen frequently! 

Every year along with Cabin week we have a theme. This year's theme was "I can do hard things because I know" We have devotionals each day on the subject and try to focus all week on it. My Aunt Heidi did this thing where all week we were supposed to notice when ourselves or others did "hard things" and put a rock on the altar. You also could post a scripture around it of an example of people doing hard things. It was good to focus on this all week and watch our pile grow. 

We also PIG OUT at the Cabin! I ate soo many treats that week! And don't worry we didn't leave out Lu! My favorite was to stick her in her high chair and hand her a sucker, she got so so messy but it entertained her forever!

And probably Lucy's favorite (well besides the cabin stairs-real fun) was the swing. She loves swings! It was so nice to have so many people dying to play with Lucy I think I only pushed her once on that thing! She wasn't so happy with "strangers" taking her away but once she got out of sight she was content! So you better believe someone always had her out on this swing. (and thanks uncle Brig for the Mohawk!) 

I will be sad the day we stop going to the cabin! I love it so much! I have some awesome memories there and I am happy to get to share all that with Lucy now too! 

1 comment:

Lauren Simpson said...

It's fun to see what I missed. Good ol' times at the cabin!