Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lucy's 1st Birthday

Lucy's Big Day was perfect...just like the day she was born. I love having a child. Birthday's will always be a special celebration of that glorious day they were born. I know this is an obvious statement but it has a whole new meaning once you have a child. All day I just kept thinking how grateful I was to have my beautiful, healthy, and happy baby girl. On my favorite show Gilmore Girls every birthday at the time Rory was born her mother goes in her room and tells her about the moment she was born, while I didn't take it this far (mainly as not to disturb Lucy's nap), I did love pausing at 1:09pm and thinking of that amazing moment when Lucy entered the world. I will admit it brought a few tears to my eyes. I feel so lucky to be this little girls Mom. I love her so much! We had an awesome day Celebrating our little Lu! 

The Invite 

The Table 









Menu: Chocolate dipped Marshmallows, Jelly Beans, Peanut M&M's, Strawberry Wafer cookies, Chocolate Dipped Pretzels, Strawberries and Cream Gummies, Cupcakes, Frosted Animal Cookies, Cake Pops, Carmel Chocolate Kisses, Wintergreen Mints, Cotton Candy, Powdered Donuts and Water. (all pink and white of course!) 

The Outfit


complete with little piggy's in the back! :) 

Made with Love by Mom...and yes I SLAVED over that party hat and this is the only picture I got of her wearing it..lol! Isn't it cute though? 

The Cake 














She wasn't shy! About the only thing she got from her Mom was her sweet tooth! She downed this bad boy! She mainly stuck to the frosting..till the very end and by then you could tell she couldn't eat much more! ha! My favorite part was when we were singing happy birthday to her she was dancing/ banging her head on the back of her chair. :) 

The Family


The Baby Friends 

minus Kara. We also had many other loyal big buddies running around too. They watch out for Lucy and Lucy loves to follow them around! 

The Presents





Which she had no interest in....it made me sad! Her boy cousins were very into it though! ;) 

She did immediately LOVE this car mommy and Daddy gave her!


The Princess with her Spoils 

and this...

Wow! Lucy you are one very loved little girl! Thank you so much to all the family and friends who came to celebrate with us. 

Later that night after the party it started Pouring...i mean buckets..seriously! Erik got so excited, stripped down Lucy and ran with her outside! It was so cute! She was squealing with delight (we think). It was just the perfect ending to the day. I can't even begin to describe the joy that this girl brings into our lives. Happy Birthday Lucy! We love you!  

16 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh! That is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I Love Lucy! How sweet is that? I can't believe she is already one! That is unbelievable!! Miss you guys!!

J said...

Happy Birthday Lucy! I knew you'd use that theme for something!! hahaha I LOVE the show I Love Lucy! Liam wanted nothing to do with opening his presents either. It's a one-year-old thing.

Alisha said...

Yikes. Robert and I were packing some boxes around 3pm and the kids were just running around back. I hope they didn't crash your party! Happy Birthday Lucy. This year flew by ...

Rachael. Ma, United States said...

Amazing Nikki!
That table was out of this world... It should have been on a magazine or something. You are so crafty and talented. I wish i was that way. It looks like Lucy had a wonderful day. Im so happy that you have Lucy and Erik in your life! I think you are an awesome mom! When Lucy's older she is going to have to watch all of the I Love Lucy episodes!

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry we had to leave early, but the party was super cute! Hope Lucy liked her little lamb. Kara has a chihuahua that she sleeps with every night. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Lucy! She is so cute!! And you, Nichole are an awesome party planner! The food all looks amazing!! And I love the theme!! So cute!!

Aly said...

LOVE IT!!! It turned out so cute. She looks adorable, the decorations are fabulous, everything looks perfect!! Happy Birthday, Lucy, and good work, Nichole!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Oh my gosh, so cute! I love the invites, the theme and of course the food! How are you gonna top that girls wedding??!! ;)

Mindy and Larry said...

What a cute birthday bash for Lucy! sorry we missed it! It looked so beautiful! We're glad it was perfect! Love you guys!

Abby said...

Woohoo! Happy Birthday to little Lucy! The birthday party looked super cute. You are amazing and so creative!

Annica said...

Wow! Look at her beautiful eyes!!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

This is the cutest party ever! I love the invites!

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Beautiful 1 st Birthday! Really the best I've seen. That Lucy is such a doll. Hard to believe she is one. You are such a cute mom! Fun to see all the pics!

JA and co. said...

That's so cute...I love the invitations and cake. :)

Wow, I can't believe she's already one...they grow up so fast!

Jenna said...

what a party! looks like it was a fabulous birthday for miss lucy- she is lucky to have such a talented mama!

Lauren said...

Everything looks fab! Especially the invite - I'm glad it turned out well! You need a facebook album to post more pictures of the party!