Friday, May 6, 2011

Easter Week

I think I have been putting this post off because it is going to be a MILE long...and I am not exaggerating (sorry)!! Our Easter this year seemed to last all week...which I don't mind since it is pretty much my favorite holiday. It was even better this year because it was Lucy's first Easter! 


First stop was the weekend before we headed to Bass Pro Shop for a egg hunt throughout the store (which I  LOVED) and to see the Easter Bunny.  
 Lucy also LOVED the egg hunt. She got so into it! We would point to an egg and let her grab it and then...
 they went straight into the mouth!
 And a little more sucking...
and the other favorite egg pastime...banging them together! She was in heaven! And mommy didn't mind eating the candy we found either! ;) 
 Sitting with the Easter Bunny! 
Hanging with Daddy- what a fun family day! 

Next on Wednesday night we were scheduled to have the LDS Missionaries over for dinner. I started thinking about how badly I wanted to have the Knudsen traditional egg roll and have a little Easter fun with the Elders, so we threw together a little impromptu Easter party complete with treats and of course an egg roll. Easter would not be the same without it! We also put together little easter baskets together for the Elder. I love doing nice things for the Elders because it makes me feel like I am doing my part here in hopes someone is doing the same for my brother in Chile. 
We did a whole egg roll tournament bracket. First up- Addie vs. Lucy!! 

The Gibbons got really into it! ;) 

Nora was amazing! She was nearly the Champion! 
Jackie and I facing off! 

On Thursday evening Lucy had a birthday party to go to. Lucy and Kara are little buds so we couldn't miss her cute "bunny" birthday party! Complete with an egg hunt! 
"Look Mom,  I Found One!" 
It was nearly impossible getting a shot of the Birthday girl and Lu...this is the best I got! These girls are always on the move! 
Camdyn trying to collect as many as she can, pulling out the chin move...smart girl! ha! I love it! 
And again sucking on plastic eggs...

and even the candy inside...until I just broke down and gave her some. 

For the actual Easter Weekend we headed up north to be with Erik's family. On Saturday morning we celebrated my birthday. (which was back in March but we haven't seen them since) 
Cinnamon rolls bonfire a.k.a. My Cake! :) 
Made it easy to blow out...good thing I had a sweet wish! ;) 


Then we did Easter baskets. 
So many fun things! The Easter bunny was sooo good to us this year! 
yumm...baby food! 
a cute book
"mom get this grass off me!" 
The only picture I could get of her of these bunny ears I got her...what a waste. Should have known. 
"Here Dad have a baseball easter egg" 
Me opening my presents! Yay! 

Erik's parents gave me a fabulous frame with a picture of Lucy at each holiday..so thoughtful. I love seeing how my baby has grown!  

Laura got me JUST what I wanted...the Movie Tangled. Which I love! Best Day Ever! 

Then we headed to the basement for an egg hunt. (it was a little cold outside) Again Lucy got SO into it..they put some just on the floor way easy for the babies and as soon as we set Lucy down she bolted for them! She was a pro at egg hunts by then...she knew just what to do. It was so funny to watch her. 



We also went to the Mall that day and got a picture with that Easter bunny for grandma...she screamed her head off...oh well. Grandma also treated us to some new shoes for Lucy and an adorable doll wearing a matching doll to Lucy's. We has a fun day at the mall with Grandma, it ended with dinner at Cheescake..yum yum. Then the night didn't stop there...we also went to see Water for Elephants, which was really sad and violent but was interesting and it helps I love Reese! 

On Monday once we were back home we celebrated our own little Easter. Here's my girl in her Sunday Easter dress (I didn't get one day of) 
 Isn't that dress precious!? (Thank you Michelle B) 


 "what we got in here" 

 "wow a ball!" (Balls are her favorite and she even calls them "ba!") 
 And who doesn't get bubbles in there Easter basket? 
 "oh no mom...not more bows!" 
 We even got a little something from Nanna and Poppa Jewkes! I love getting packages! 


 Yay! Thanks for the great book Nana! (and Poppa...I get in trouble every time I leave him out) 

Told ya it was long!!! ;) 
Hope your Easter was just as wonderful!!! 
I am so grateful that our Savior Jesus Christ was willing to die for us, overcame death and now lives again. I will always be grateful and in debt to him. I am so glad we get to celebrate him every spring...I love the reminder that he lives and loves all of us.

4 comments:

Danielle and Brian said...

wow!! what a fun holiday for you guys. I wish we had family close. We were wishing we had family to spend Easter with. Lucky You! I love the picture frame that Eriks family got you for your birthday of Lu. That is so precious!

Greg and Jenna said...

i love the polka dot one

Rachael. Ma, United States said...

I love your long posts. I seriously check it like everyday to see if you posted something new. I love the bow face picture...

Lyndsey said...

How fun. I'll be coming back to this post when i don't know what to do for easter! Lucy is beautiful and growing so fast!