Monday, December 6, 2010

lemme tell ya

I have a ton of events to post about, i am feeling way behind. But in the meantime I had to get a few things off my chest that I have been wanting to share with all of you. So enjoy my random thoughts.

- I am slightly obsessed with the new TLC show Sister Wives...check it out...it's about a piligamist family (which btw- Mormons do not practice-just to clarify) and it's really interesting.I really like that family.

- I got my first Christmas cards today and they literally made me smile...and maybe squeal a little with joy...i love Christmas cards!

- Today for the first time ever Lucy got mistaken for a boy....darn I thought I had dodged that bullet! (and yes she was wearing some pink) The lady even went as far to say she was " the most handsome little boy she has ever seen" And I didn't have the heart to tell her Lucy was a girl...so I just smiled.

- The other day Erik was carrying Lucy and we were walking down the street and Erik started singing a son from Wicked really loudly...and it was really embarrassing me (it was a fairly busy street) and I kept asking him to stop and he wouldn't, so I (shamefully) resorted to hitting him on his shoulder...but I forgot Lucy was there in his arms and i smacked my baby right in the face!!! (disclaimer: it really was not that hard...) but...i felt AWFUL!!! i almost stared crying. Lucy of course started screaming crying from either the pain or from the shock that her own mother just smacked her! She was rather cold to me the rest of the day, but I deserved it. I felt reeally really bad! (in fact I can't believe I am admitting it.)

-We finally got our ornaments on the tree...and it looks wonderful!!! I love Christmas time!

- We played Nertz with some friends the other night and I have forgotten 1. how much I love that game, and 2. how good I am at that game! Yay for cards, baby monitors, and close neighbors!

4 comments:

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

LOL! That post made me smile! When Jude was a week old I bit his arm and made him bleed! He screamed! And, yes I cried! I was trying to move his arm out of his mouth while trying to get him to nurse! Matt and I LOVE Nertz! Matt is so much better at it than I am. Next time you are in UT we'll have to play!

Likeursoperfect said...

Oh! I did the exact same thing. Same scenario. My husband came up behind me, though, and was tickling me and I reached back and hit him, but hit Jake instead. =(

Brett and Amanda said...

ok not going to lie, the story about you hitting lucy in the face cracked me up! i actually laughed out loud and then brett asked why i was laughing so i got to tell him the story too!
that's totally something i would do. sad.

JA and co. said...

Don't feel too bad about Lucy being called a boy while wearing pink. That happened to us multiple times. Although all babies look like boys until their hair starts to grow long, you'd think that the whole dressing them in pink and purple dresses and putting flowers in their hair would help people differentiate.

Good times, good times :)