Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter, 5 birthday's, and General Conference.

What a weekend! When we go up to Erik's parents house we try to fit as much in as possible, this weekend was a particularly busy one filled with birthdays, Easter traditions and listening to the words of our prophets at conference. We always have so much fun with the Fox Family! One of the birthday's we celebrated was mine. Yay!! I turned 22 and got some great gifts from the Fox's including the game Settlers of Zarahemla (Mormon version of Catan), a spa gift card, an applebees gift card, and even some baby Lucy stuff.
Erik knew exactly what i wanted this year. I would take a warm brownie with some vanilla ice cream and hot fudge over cake any day! And that's exactly what I got! yumm yumm! Thanks hunny! :) Erik also gave me on my actual birthday Photoshop Elements. I'm excited to use it to digital scrapbook (yes I'm venturing over!) and to edit pictures.
Dad Fox celebrated his big 6-0 this year! He had one heck of a cake to blow out and he didn't disappoint!
Out on the easter egg hunt! This one was a "big" egg, my favorite because they hold the good stuff! ($) ;)
One of the highlights of this weekend for Erik and I was to take turns holding sweet baby Giselle. We got a lot of practice in. It made us so excited for little Lucy to come!!
Dying Easter Eggs!

As a little Easter gift this year I decided I wanted to make something for each of Erik's family members. Using my Silhouette I made these tags and tied them to a basket full of my favorite Easter cookies. It ended up being quite a bit of work but it was really fun as I learned more about what my machine could do and I think they turned out fantastic!

Hope your Easter weekend was a good one! I am so grateful we get to hear our Prophet and the apostles speak twice a year. I really need the reminders of what I can to do to be better. As many of you pointed out a lot of the talks were on parenting and mothers which really hit home this year. (obviously) It made me feel really nervous and inadequate for the huge responsibility the Lord is entrusting to me. But, I know that with his help I will be the best Mother I can be for Lucy and as I live close to the Lord and do what I can to have the spirit in my life and in my home that everything will turn out. I know that Motherhood and raising children is the most important job in the world and I am so glad Heavenly Father has allowed me to be apart of that.

10 comments:

The Miles Family said...

What a fun weekend you had indeed! I really am jealous you get to go see families on weekends whenever you want. Those Easter baskets you made were adorable!

Jason and Jami Thomson said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Those baskets are fantastic!!!!

Lyndsey said...

Fun! I'm jealous that you're close to family:( You're hair is gorgeous btw Nichole! I can't believe you're going to be a mom so soon!!

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday!

Lauren said...

your shirt is really cute!

Sara said...

I LOVE the Easter baskets you made- nice work! Happy birthday- are such a cute little prego!!!

Jason said...

Cute baskets, Nichole! You're so creative :). I'd have to agree with your brownie sentiment...warm and gooey little slices of heaven. Glad you had a happy birthday!

Annica said...

Your easter baskets turned out ADORABLE! I wish I was half as talented and creative as you are! Your pictures look great and I am SURE you will be a great mommy!

Mindy and Larry said...

Hey, Nichole! We really had fun seeing you and Erik this weekend! Your brownie and icecream cake was soooooooo good!!!!!!! And thanks for the cute Easter gift you gave everyone, I'm still hoarding the no-bake cookies and whoppers:) And all of us feel inadequate as mothers- welcome to the club! But, we are so blessed because we have the restored gospel, a living prophet, and the Gift of the Holy Ghost to help us as mothers! Just know that you are not alone, and that with your husband at your side and your mother(s) help and sisters-in-law's support, you'll succeed as Lucy's great mother you were meant to be! sure love you!

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Hope you had a great birthday. Darling pictures! You look great!Cute Easter tags! What a thoughtful idea. Aren't weekends wonderful?