So, I am feeling nervous to post this, because I feel like by sharing what you do to celebrate Valentines day really puts yourself out there and is kinda scary. haha! But- I know a lot of my friends around here and I have been talking about how we have no good ideas, been there done that with everything so I was thrilled when I found this idea today, and twisted it to make it my own and felt obligated to share. With Valentines day being on a Sunday, we have all day to entertain ourselves at home and celebrate. So I wanted to come up with a fun activity we could do. Erik already suggested we look back at our past scrapbooks I have made (since we've been married) which I think will be fun and makes me feel good to actually go back and look at all my hard work. I think it will bring back some good memories and stories that can help us celebrate us.
And here is the other activity I found, I will try to explain it the best I can.
The basic idea is here at the blog: Or So She Say's So go read that and then come back here.
*disclaimer-I don't really love the way she explains it, I don't think you have to play this just to say "dirty" things. lol. So skip the first few paragraphs- start where she say's "Here's what I made."
Basically, it kind of reminds me of that game Mad Gab-kind of. You type up and cut out a bunch of random words, including love words, romantic, silly words, plus all the essential words to string them all together. (I was terrible in English- pronouns, conjunctions, whatever!) You can make up your own or just steal the ones that Or So She Say's did. (that's what I did) She printed them out on magnet paper. I am too cheap and lazy to run out to staples so I just printed them out on card stock. Then you cut them all out and you have a whole slew of random words and you can string them together to make sexy phrases, silly phrases, romantic phrases, etc.This alone Erik would have fun with for a while cuz his sense of humor is perfect for this, he is really good at making up phrases with random words and thinking he is hilarious! But this alone could also tank and get a little old fast.
Anyway, but as I was cutting the words out and i thought of something. I started writing a list of categories. (see below) So I thought we would pick a topic like "sweetest" and then with all the words spread out on the table we would take a minute to secretly create a sentence and then reveal and see who comes up with the "sweetest" phrase. Then do the same thing with all the categories I came up with and any more Erik comes up with. I think this game will create a lot of laughs and a some "aww!" moments. Here are the topics/categories I came up -that I am willing to share ;). Feel free to take mine and make your own:
-Best pick up lines
-Sweetest
-Sexiest
-Silliest
-Most honest-true
-Strangest
-Old Fashioned
-Most Romantic
-Random
-Lovey Dovey
-Typical/ Cliche
-Meanest
-Hallmark card
-Dirtiest
-Goofiest
-Most endearing
-Angriest
-"I've" said/heard this before
-Cinemark
-Common phrase
-happiest
-Corniest
Does that all make sense? Feel free to ask questions to clarify. Oh I also just wrapped mine up in tissue paper with a tag and bow. (not too cutsie) But you could make it really cute!
Who knows, maybe I am the only one who thinks this is a good idea. It sounds good in theory. I will let you know how it actually works out. Steal it if you want to and let me know how it goes! ;) However you spend your Valentines Day, I hope it's a good one!

Here is also Valentines Card I made yesterday. I thought it turned out really cute.
1 comment:
I think that is a cute idea! I could never get Nate to actually do this willingly, but good for you that you have a husband who would. Lucky! Nate is no good with any cheese factor.
Post a Comment