Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Big Belly?

Does my brother's belly make me look fa..SKINNY?!!?! grrr. Isaac keeps reminding me every day- "Your belly is ALMOST as big as daddy's now!" Thanks Isaac, from both me and dad.
Sorry for the lack in posts. I am trying to not waste anytime I have here with my family. So far we are enjoying every second of it! I love just hanging around the house all day(which I do all the time) but this time with people around me. I am scared to go back home in a week and a 1/2-I will be sooo lonely!
Anyway, back to the belly (or lack there-of) I am trying to be grateful that I am still so small, everyone says to enjoy it while I can, but Is this weird that I am half way through pregnancy-20 weeks!! woo woo! (almost) and I just look like I ate a little too much for dinner? uggh! I want a belly like Isaac's! I can't belive that if I hadn't already told people I could probably still be fooling them. I mean what I am wearing above is a tightish shirt people!!! Crazy. After I eat a large meal I do have to unbutton my jeans though. (wahoo!) I do feel bigger in my hip, butt area. I know you can't tell but I feel wider kinda everywhere. Just nothing to really call a belly! :(
I love how fascinated Isaac and Gracie are with this baby in my tummy. Everytime I eat something Isaac say's "I bet baby Lucy really likes that!" Or when we are watching a movie "Does baby Lucy like this movie?" haha. I love it! She is real now. She is our sweet Lucile, my little Lucy. I just wish she would grow a little faster! ;)

Sidenotes: I have already gotten a few little gifts from friends-i love oooing and ahhhing over the adorbale little girl stuff. But I have yet to make a purchase myself (are'nt you proud of me?) Well I did go to JoAnn Fabrics the other day. I have decided I am going to make Lucile a baby quilt to go in her room on her crib, or maybe hang on the wall (we will see how good it turns out.) I am really scared and I have no idea what I am doing. So when Erik and I went to JoAnns to pick out fabric for it we spent, are you ready for this- 2 1/2 HOURS in the store!!!! Just picking fabrics and figuring out the measurments, yardage,etc. And my husband never complained a word. I love him! My family mocked him when we got home. (rude)
Oh and if you are wondering-Yes we have officially decided to name our little girl Lucile. My grandmother's name is Lucile and her birthday is in May. Our baby will also be born in May and we adore the name Lucy. Now I know that we have some Lucy/Lucile's already in the huge Jewkes family, but I don't care, and I hope you don't either. I have loved this name for years now and we are going with it. We haven't settled on a middle name yet, but yes she will have one, she will not be a deprived child like I was-middle name less.

sorry this post got soo long-back to playing with the family! Oh I love the Holidays! Merry Christmas everyone!!!

9 comments:

Maria Hoeft said...

aww! You are showing! I think its just the right size for 20 weeks...remember the baby isn't even a pound yet! lol. Some people have baby belly growth spurts earlier on and others later. I dont hear that name (Lucy) often..its cute! Let us get your address so we can send you all something!

kateworthi said...

Nikki, can I just say how much I love you???!! You're hilarious. I don't think I've ever heard of any pregnant person complain that they're too small.. But don't worry - with my babies, at about 25 week-ish, I just start to pop out a ton, like, overnight. It will happen soon Nick. And then, you'll be all annoyed b/c maternity clothes don't fit you yet, but neither do your regular clothes - it's a horrible tweener phase...

Anyway, and secondly, I don't think anyone cares that you have cousins children with the name Lucile already. I don't think Jill will care - b/c I wouldn't. Our family is too freakin' big to worry about that kind of stuff.

And thirdly, I wish I was in UT right now so we could have a family C-mas party with cousins - it would be a blast. Miss ya. Can't wait to see your wall quilt!
XOXO

Krystal said...

You're getting there! Before you know it you'll be huge and uncomfortable. Believe me...I was totally the same way with my first. And you're in Utah--what, if you guys get bored give us a call we'd love to see you. And I need your new address to send you a Christmas card. You can email me at sweetkrystal(at)gmail.com

Stephanie said...

Haha, I don't have a middle name either and I'm definitely giving my children one. I wanted a middle name so bad when I was little my mom said I could get one for my birthday. It seemed like too much work so I eventually gave up.

Ryan and Andrea said...

You look darling w/a belly! Very cute! Austin has pj's just like Isaac's! Does this mean you are naming her Lucille? I am so excited for you!!

Seth and Leia said...

You are the cutest lil' pregnant woman ever. And I love the name! Happy to see you guys doing so well!

Lisa Fox said...

Your belly is too cute and yes you should be thankful and yes it will get bigger!!! :) I am also a no middle namer...so ALL of our kids have middle names! Must have been something that was popular at that time..crazy huh!

The Allred Family said...

you have the most patient husband IN THE WORLD. I literally do not know one man who would do that!!! WOWSERS!

The Allred Family said...

oh and I remember feeling the same way when I was pregnant with Ella. I wanted to show soooo bad but I really didn't until I was about 24 weeks. I get it! :)