Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Beach Trip
We had a fantastic time at the Beach last week. We rented a Trailer at an RV park in Sandbridge on Virginia Beach. I know it sounds trashy...but it turned out great. It was small but perfect for just the 2 of us. It took a little getting used to since it was right on the water and there were a lot of bugs. I will admit the first day I felt like I was camping. But you couldn't beat the view of the back bay and the 3 min. walk to the beach. Here are some highlights from the trip:
Erik was so happy that he got to eat some crabs. We cooked all our meals at the trailer, they had a BBQ. But Erik really wanted crab. So i sat and watched. (it took forever!)
The 3rd day was pretty windy and a little chilly. So we just played on the beach a bit. I had Erik take this lovely action shots.

I know cheesy...but you gotta!!
SO we went and bought this 3$ kite. The wind was perfect for it. But our kite was not up for it. First of all those things need to come with better instructions on how to get the string attached to it. We messed with it for about 30 min. Finally resorting to just tying it in random spots, ripping some of the plastic. lol. We got it up for a few min. Until it crashed...then we whipped out some band-aids to tape it together...didnt work too well. But it was fun trying!

Our view from our trailers patio. We spent many hours in that hammock. I read a whole book that week. We didn't take any pictures but we played on the resorts tennis courts everyday. It was so fun. I love tennis and I am actually getting pretty good!
Our one pic. together on the beach. The first day was SO nice!!! Erik loved the waves...i usually do but these were so big, i took one big wipeout and I was done! Thanks to the Tracey's for the buggy boards and the skim board!!
Erik really got the skim board down after a few hours. He really enjoyed it.
We made the rookie mistake of building our sandcastle too close to the water. The waves got it before we could even finish! Erik has a sad face on...you cant tell. I dont know what the spot it on my camera. wups. So we then moved on to Freesbie and pictionary in the sand- song lyrics style! I love spending time with my hubby. We really had a great time just relaxing and piggin out!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! How fun! I am way jealous!!! We totally are going to copy you some day.
What a great trip - wish I couldda been there. And, on the kite - you get whatcha pay for I guess... :)
You are so fun! I love the "action" photos of you on the beach! haha I'm so sad I didnt' get to know you better before you guys moved. I love reading your blog though, you crack me up! I'm glad you've made so many friends at your new place!
Post a Comment