Wednesday, May 6, 2009

busy busy busy

Major Purchases
This week Erik and I have used a little bit of his Graduation money to buy a few much needed things. 1. Garmin Nuvi 2000 GPS system for the car. Soooo siked about this one. These things are great and we will defiantly need it crossing the country this summer and even more when we move back to VA where the streets are not numbered...i will get really really lost! 2. A brand new Desk!! Erik has really wanted a desk for our next place where he can do his hw. As I was asking him questions trying to figure out what he wanted we learned that all he really wants is a card table. We thought this plain table would look a little better than a card table but still just be the big open space he needs to work. 3. An HP ink jet printer. Our little guy of a printer gave out long ago and soon we wont have BYU campus to mooch off of to print so we figured it was about time. I am excited because this one is wireless, and can copy, fax, and scan too. yay! I have to just say both this and the GPS were bought through great deals online and have not yet come in the mail yet. Erik is a little concerned about the printer because we got a confirmation email about it from the seller and his user name was YUDAFU. I didn't think anything of it until Erik saw it and was like great we bought our printer from someone named you da fool!!? Haha. I think it will turn out ok.



Robin of the Hood
The nice thing about being in your last semester in school and it being a pretty easy spring term and your wife having nothing to do and no kids to worry about is...on weeknights we can just go rent a movie and enjoy each others company in the middle of the week. My life always feels like the weekends. I know I am lucky! So anyway Erik for a while has wanted me to see Robin Hood, the real one with Kevin Costner. Well first lets just say wow, a lot more intense that the Disney one. And it was absolutely amazing! I loved it. I never realized how handsome Kevin was back in his prime. mmm. But besides his beautiful face I thought the movie was really well done and a great story. Anyway You probably have all seen it and love it but if you haven't, I would highly recommend it. So it kinda felt like a date night last night and it was really fun to just be together. I have an awesome husband. And we have decided that the best romance movies are ones with action in it too. I guess that's a good compromise from the regular chick flicks i make Erik watch.


"I'm out saving you money hunny!"
This is what I like to say to Erik when I am running my errands. Because I am always on the hunt for a good deal and I usually get one but the irony of going shopping and saving money is, that you are still spending money. The comic in my post 2 below is so true..."free time is so expensive." Example: In my free time I went to Target to look for some wedding presents for friends and found both these things on sale. Now first you must know that the hunt to buy a yellow leather purse and some gladiator sandals in my budget and the exact ones I want has been a long treacherous battle. I have tried on soo many yellow purses (yes I have to put it on my shoulder and find a mirror to see if i like it) and put my feet in sooo many sandals and just haven't found the right ones. I am starting to get better at shopping, it's kind of annoying actually I will go to the mall and walk out with nothing even though I tried on 50 things. I have just gotten more picky and stingy. My new philosophy is only buy it if you absolutely love it, cant live without it, and know you will for the next year. I have the problem that I think I love it, wear it once and then decide I hate it. So I am a lot more careful about what I buy now. But anyways...here they are the perfect bag and the perfect sandals...both on sale at Target and I LOVE THEM!!!



Tying up loose ends
So like I said in a previous post this week has been my "finish all those half done projects sitting in a bin in the back room" week. So here they are. Well actually first the bows were a new project. My friend Jen taught a bunch of us how to make these adorable headbands. I know these things are everywhere and everyone has them but I still think they are so cute and easy to make. I am also trying to learn to make bows like the one on the left of that picture. (those are much harder.)

Next the Tu-Tu...and now I know what you are thinking whats up with all this baby girl craft projects..is she pregnant...is she having a girl? Well no I am not, but when I do my baby girl will have the cutest accessories already made for her by her mommy. lol. They are just too cute to pass up and learn to make while I am here in Utah with a wealth of homemaking skills around me to help me. This tulle has actually been sitting in my closet for a while, some of you old Wymounters will remember making them. I made several for my nieces and sister and then decided i wanted to keep one and just never got around to making it. Well here it is and until i have a baby girl that chair will wear it proudly.

Last of all the one I think I am most proud and relived to finally (almost) be done!!! This is my Christmas Countdown Calendar. I had one of these as a kid, as I am sure many of you did and I loved fighting with my brother each December morning on who's turn it was to put a button on Santa's coat. So I thought I would share this tradition with my family. There are 25 ornaments and so the kids decorate the tree leading up to Christmas. Now I just need to come up with a way to number them and put them on the tree. I cant decide if i want to hang them on with buttons or do the ole Velcro. (oh and Santa still needs eyes, sorry that's creepy!) Anyway my friend Jen helped TONS with this one. In fact I have had this project for over 2 years and I think Jen was getting so sick of it not being done she got my husband to give her my unfinished ornaments (i didn't notice they were gone!) and for my birthday she finished them for me. Which not only is awesome because then I don't have to do it but also because they look so so much better than if i would have done them. So here it is:

7 comments:

Brett and Amanda said...

i almost bought those exact sandals the other day, and probably still will end up getting them, only maybe in gold. i couldn't decide which ones i wanted more.

She Loves To Make said...

Those sandals are so cute! I'm going to have to stop by my target and see if they have them! I love the Christmas counter. So cute.

Lisa Fox said...

Wow, you've been a busy lady. Those all look great. Those headbands are soo cute. You're going to have lucky and adorable kids!

Mindy and Larry said...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who loves do to crafts and projects but just takes forever to get them done (like a baby blanket I'm crocheting--it's pink and yellow for a girl but I'm not pregnant, either)--oh well! (sigh!) It will make a nice gift for someone else!

Bekah said...

You are funny! I love reading your posts because it reminds me of my youth! I LOVE your Christmas countdown. Where did you get the pattern. I really want something for my kids because I too remember doing that growing up and they will be the perfect age this year to do that!

Also, if you, you know, need someone to send your practice bows to...*cough*...I can send you my address. I love bows in Allison's hair and can never have enough!

rach said...

gosh you've been busy!

promise me if we go to WV we will still hang out???

Alex said...

That "you da fool" thing sounds just like something I would overlook and Eric would find out and just laugh at me. Always loved Robin Hood with Kevin Costner, glad you finally got to see it; I agree, action and romance mix well! Have a great spring/summer!